Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need advice on this situation please

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
oh btw drewie you are right there not the main bearings i asked him about that as well he told me there been changed i said to him well wheres the old ones he told me i got them yesterday i told him no that i was actually given the conrod bearings not the main bearings he asked if i was sure i said yes the main bearing actually have 2 oil feed holes in the upper shells and theres 4 sets of main bearings but you have given me 6 sets of bearings to his reply oh you just havent got all the bearing then we replaced 10 bearings all up i asked for the other 4 he said he didnt know where they were.

i know where they are still in the farking block rolled eyes left in disbelief

mitmit

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
omg $980 is too expensive as far as i know the vt v6 engine average price should be $600 + transmission
or is that include the labor?

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
@mitmit

not including labor mate

its just motor

hytech parts v6 motor 6 months warrenty $980.00
commodore shop v6 motor 3 months warrenty $999.00
parts plus v6 motor 3 months warrent $1050.00
bero spares v6 motor 3 months warrenty $990.00

there just the ones i have written down but all that i have rang hytech were cheapest ill do a bit more ringing around see what i come up with

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
update

got the car back

car still **** bottom end knock so bearings didnt fix the problem
the prick had the hide to try and charge me $180.00 instead of the $100.00 he quoted and a heated exchange took place

i told him that he is a wanker and he and his monkeys has caused this problem and the damage done is due to oil starvation to which he said prove it had nothing to do with us)

sum it all up he ended up taking the $100.00 payment then ringing the cops on me to say im threatening him and being abusive and scaring off his customers (which i wasnt if anything i was saving his so called customers)

anyways if yous are ever around newcastle way stay away from twin river auto repairs , raymond terrace

now my cars back hom one piece i will sort something out with it probably rip motor out over the weekend and go form there

cheers everyone

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A call to consumer protection would be in order now I think. Especially since the noise that only started after the initial repair hasn't been fixed.

doobs

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VY LS1 Berlina Wagon
My god mate,

Thats is absolute crap, I feel for you, there are some ****en shonky people going around..

I hope all goes well for you medically and mechanically, its so frustrating knowing this guy has got away with crap like this...

Good luck
Doobs

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
A call to consumer protection would be in order now I think. Especially since the noise that only started after the initial repair hasn't been fixed.

Unfortunately the hard part is proving it.

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
as danja said proving it is the major hurdle ill cop it on the chin as i have no choice just wont trust another mechanic as far as i could kick one (sorry to the good ones out there)

lesson learnt do it yourself and you know its done right

cheers
everyone

great forum great place

minitsbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
hey guys just doing bit of thinking now thinking of puting l67 in it was just wondering besides engine and ecu what else is needed?

wiring harness?

cheers