Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help to remove grills

NevC

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV 6 Sportswagon
I have an 2011 SV6 wagon.
I have a complete set of new grills and spotlight covers with 2012 chrome surrounds.
Have removed upper grill, but am unable to work out how to remove lower grill and spotlight covers

Any help would be appreciated.

NevC

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV 6 Sportswagon
Done the spot lights. There are 5 lock in tabs, 2 each side and one on bottom.
They lock in tight.
I got 2 thin plastic spatulas and pushed in until they were touching top 2 lock tabs. then I put a thin steel scraper between the spatula and cover, then pulled top of cover free of lock tabs.
Repeated same on bottom 2 sides.
The bottom one was done the same but was far harder to disengage from tab. On reflection it may have been easier to break tab off as the cover was being replaced.

Used steel scraper as plastic spatula was not strong or thick enough on its own.

Lower grill still a puzzle.

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
To make things easier, remove the front bar. It will save you time in the long run as you will have more space to move.

I completely removed the guard liners then the front bar, the wiring is connected in the right hand side so you won't be able to completely remove but it will make the job easier!