Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help! Up to the 3rd mechanic with no solution

ant27485

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS
Hi ,so I got a vyss. Got exhaust, extractors and a bigger cam fitted by castle hill performance , all work done has been professionally done . Well anyway the car decided to crank but not start , after a few attempts it fired and all is well , anyway as time went on it happened more often so took it to the mechanic , firstly they said it was the fuel pump replaced that still did it , next I was told it was the cas replaced that still happening , next I was told it was the oil pressure sensor changed that still problem , next I changed keys still the problem , anybody have any clue what could be causing this ? I do know when it cranks and doesn’t start I do get fuel pressure but no ignition pulse or spark. The car is now at a third mechanic and they aren’t sure , no error codes had been logged

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Is the metal ring around your ignition barrel making good contact with the key head?

Have you noticed any of your wiring loom not looking up to scratch?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hi ,so I got a vyss. Got exhaust, extractors and a bigger cam fitted by castle hill performance , all work done has been professionally done . Well anyway the car decided to crank but not start , after a few attempts it fired and all is well , anyway as time went on it happened more often so took it to the mechanic , firstly they said it was the fuel pump replaced that still did it , next I was told it was the cas replaced that still happening , next I was told it was the oil pressure sensor changed that still problem , next I changed keys still the problem , anybody have any clue what could be causing this ? I do know when it cranks and doesn’t start I do get fuel pressure but no ignition pulse or spark. The car is now at a third mechanic and they aren’t sure , no error codes had been logged

Does new key mean new remote as well ?
cause another key with new remote solved the intermittent problem I was having with starting.

ant27485

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS
Is the metal ring around your ignition barrel making good contact with the key head?

Have you noticed any of your wiring loom not looking up to scratch?
The ring looks good
I was also thinking wiring look also as it has to be something like that as it’s not all the time

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Pry the ring up ever so slightly so that you can at least rule it out.

ant27485

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSS
So car is now at Holden but an interesting update , when the car doesn’t start , the way to get it started is to plug in an obd reader and then it fires normally. You don’t need to do anything with the OBD just by it being plugged in it seems to alloy it to start