Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help with KFC wages please

.:Brad:.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Clubsport
I used to work at kfc when i was 15, i got between 7 and 8 bucks an hour, but, i must admit to eating alot of food without paying, but i had a cool manager and he didnt care the pay was s**t so i figured i deserved a bit more... although, these jobs do look good in a resume if you hold it for a year or so.

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
i worked at maccas for nearly 3 years, didnt earn fantastic money, but better than my KFC mates, as far as i know they're on a flat rate? (when i worked at maccas we got all wage benefits, double time etc, i dont think they do it anymore)
i ended up doing a retail management certificate for 2 of the 3 years, signing a contract to GUARANTEED hours. so stable pay ;)

and i got a certificate that will be a big help if i look for a management job one day in the future :thumbsup:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Faaaark these are some **** wages! Under 16 casual at Bunnings would be getting around $10.60 and $15.90 on a Sunday.

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
Faaaark these are some **** wages! Under 16 casual at Bunnings would be getting around $10.60 and $15.90 on a Sunday.

no Bunnings near here, so all the younger guys trying to make some coin pretty much are limited to fast food, or a supermarket.
would you believe better hours at maccas than coles? :(

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
yeah ive been working at hungry jacks for a while now and when ur 15 u get 8.04 an hour,ive heard kfc r a lot better.

ive moved from kfc to hungry jacks, and i can tell you hungrys is ALOT better

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Wow im glad i never worked with fast food when i was young. When i was 15 i was lucky to score a job temping at a bank.. pay was somewhere around 18-19 an hour as they had no underage pay rate, only problem was the work was during week days so I was confined to school holidays and even then it was only a couple weeks here and there.

Later on I did some **** jobs, **** kicker labourer for a while.. people we were contracted to didnt give a **** about OH&S, had us working 12 hr shifts with no break, alot of heavy lifting with no training or assistance etc. After that worked at dse/tandys but got sick of the general abuse from customers that seems to go hand in hand with retail jobs.

Now I have a real job... so I can look forward to spending the rest of my days in a cube farm.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
ouch bad pay, when i started work at my supermarket i was on 9.50 an hour with 3 month probation