Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help with KFC wages please

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
Like quite literally, they would give him so much chicken, it would almost double his days pay if they were selling it. It used to cost him like 5-10 bucks to get a bus to work, to earn just over 15 bucks, and bring home 40 bucks in chicken.

this is an upside of K FRY, u would never be allowed to take product home at maccas, might be able to look the other way once we are closed but nothing goes out the door.......ever, and it will all get counted az waste if a nugget gets eaten and it hasnt been accounted 4, they know.
KFC is alot more relaxed in this sense, but in my expiereance the wast is much greater at kfc, it might be coz it takes longer to cook (15 mins at 185 degrees in oil) or is it coz the crew know if there is enough left over they can take it home?

jimmyd17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra LS1
lol u got owned by kfc

yep you could say that lol. and on top of that i got fired for not turning up for a shift, 1 day before my 18th birthday when my pay was about to go up... perhaps even a whole dollar??? but i was about to resign anyway so i just laughed and left. :p

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
Well I got fired over a large chips

Hence the crack down on food wastage & theft, I just lol'd picked up my stuff and had kfc for dinner as my shift was cut earlier then expected ;p

Theres another tip for ya son mate, Don't take food unless everyone else does it haha

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
^ I know somebody who got fired over a dinner roll:yeah:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
A letter I wrote about 3.5 years ago when I worked at KFC. The tossers offered me my job back and a choice of transferring to any store. I left soon afterwards after finding a much better job during my period of suspension.

Senior management got involved and it turned into a hell of a fight. Was hilarious. The store manager got into trouble from his bosses, damn power hungry 21 year olds with no future. They're a killer breed.

Working at KFC is good for experience, that's about it. Try Coles/Woolies etc. Much better jobs.

Dear Anonymous Store Manager:

I find your ultimatum of either resigning from my position or to be fired by you, to be grossly unfair. I have been employed by X for over two and a half years and have readily covered shifts at short notice to the X, Y and Z (I had about 7 in here) stores. To date, I have not had any issues with any of the managers at any of the stores I have worked at. Over the years I have become part of a team and genuinely enjoy working with my co-workers. I have been a reliable employee with a high level of proficiency in all areas of my job. My commitment to my position has been further demonstrated by expression of interest in becoming a Customer Service Champion, in order to become a Shift Supervisor.

On Monday the 25th of July, a former staff member entered the store. He purchased a Zinger Burger Combo, and instead of a regular size drink, I gave him a large size drink. After being questioned by the manager on duty, I admitted liability and immediately offered to pay for the item in question, in entirety. My offer was denied and I was told to count my register and go home. On Wednesday the 27th of July, I was informed, a few hours prior to my shift that I would not be working that night. The Manager on duty was unable to give me a reason why this was the case.

I believe that my treatment in this matter has been unfair, not only in isolation, but relative to the treatment of other team members engaged in similar activities. XX, a team member, was discovered by you to be consuming an orange juice which he had not paid for. He was given the option of either paying for the item at full price or losing his job, naturally he chose the former and was given a written warning (according to you, which you mentioned at our meeting). Another example, is XX, a team member who admitted to charging an off duty employee for a Twister, but gave away free chips and a drink to the employee. He was given a written warning by you. My third example is XX, a team member who was caught adding chicken nuggets to a Twister he purchased. You gave him the option of either paying for the item, or losing his job. These are only the examples that I am directly aware of.

I feel that the treatment of these employees, along with my excellent history with XX, should be taken into account before judgments about my future with XX are made. I have worked at KFC significantly longer than these employee’s and the magnitude of my error is considerably less, yet my punishment seems to be exponentially greater.

I have been taken off the roster and have lost roughly $150 so far in hours I would have earned had I been working these regular shifts of mine. In addition to the pecuniary aspect, I have been caused immeasurable embarrassment and humiliation as a result of this. However, my offer still stands to pay the cost of upsizing the drink in a Combo meal. I have never, in my entire career, received any sort of warning with regards to any serious misconduct. I will therefore not be submitting my resignation, as I feel that doing so would be a highly inappropriate course of action, given the circumstances.

Yours Sincerely,

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
A letter I wrote about 3.5 years ago when I worked at KFC. The tossers offered me my job back and a choice of transferring to any store. I left soon afterwards after finding a much better job during my period of suspension.

Senior management got involved and it turned into a hell of a fight. Was hilarious. The store manager got into trouble from his bosses, damn power hungry 21 year olds with no future. They're a killer breed.

Working at KFC is good for experience, that's about it. Try Coles/Woolies etc. Much better jobs.

I remember that letter.....what a douchebag he was.

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
^ I know somebody who got fired over a dinner roll:yeah:

LOL damn that woulda sucked, my mate fired over a nugget he aint while he was hungry, stupid managers don't realize the fast food equation.

Selling Food + Long shifts + No real dinner = May get hungry during a shift

Reading that letter brings back old memories of working there =P

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
meh you broke the rules, they would have been perfectly within their rights to sack you.

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
meh you broke the rules, they would have been perfectly within their rights to sack you.

Ever worked at kfc?

Every minute something gets stolen and I must say 23% is the managers themselves, so do they fire themselves?? :confused: =P

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Ever worked at kfc?

Every minute something gets stolen and I must say 23% is the managers themselves, so do they fire themselves?? :confused: =P

I worked at Pizza Hut, and i dont care if something is stolen every minute, that doesnt make it right now does it?