Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need to put a VX on gas

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
just got the 5.7 back from fitting the gas and **** does it still go, my bro thinks its louder when running on gas.

im the second vx in australia to get the system fitted in my car, first one was a guy in wa.

system i got was a holden vy impco system.

people may think dont put the v8 5.7 on gas but stuff them i did it and is really happy with the results, only got it an hour or 2 ago.

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
WAGON MAN said:
I know quite a few unhappy customers....
so u have been told
so dont actually know from own experience ?
ive had several of my mates get there vs,vt, vx and other makes get a lpg conversion done there :)
they have had ZERO problems

so yeh

thanks anyways:thumbsup:

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
hey good to hear bennzy. I just cant wait to drive my car and give it some without always worrying about the fuel gauge dropping so fast. Is your engine/exhaust all stock? Is there any delay in accelaration response?

bc77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 5.7
bennzy said:
just got the 5.7 back from fitting the gas and **** does it still go, my bro thinks its louder when running on gas.

im the second vx in australia to get the system fitted in my car, first one was a guy in wa.

system i got was a holden vy impco system.

people may think dont put the v8 5.7 on gas but stuff them i did it and is really happy with the results, only got it an hour or 2 ago.

was it a straight bolt on lit or were any engine mods required?

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
VT2VEight, i havent felt any power loss or acceleration response. i put the foot down and i still feel myself go like the wind.

bc77, it would of been a straight bolt on system but since impco made the system for a vy there were some mods to be done, but nothing major. well u could say it was a straight bolt on but most trouble was it was designed for vy.

BILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 'S PAC' SUPERCHARGED V6
Hi all, Got my old VN done at LPGAS1 in about 1994. It had 50k on the clock, sold it for my VX with 260k on the clock. NOT 1 PROBLEM, no sh!t, i dont work for em or know em, they got recommended to me back then.
If they still do the same job as they did on my VN they are worth the $$$$ and the wait.

BTW...car was only regulary serviced and no head lube system was used.

Hope this helps

Billo