Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need urgent assistance!!! VS V8

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 S II HBD VY SS , 04 VY S II Executive
Hmmm just pulled out old coil...it looks new, the cad plating is still shiny along with the little screws and all. Tested to see if was transmitting energy to distributor, there's no pulse. So correct me if im wrong but that now puts the spotlight on the Ignition module eh?

Cheers hako:thumbsup: any opinions on this ebay Ignition module? Holden Commodore Ignition Module V8 5.0 RACING,EXCHANGE | eBay

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
where in perth are ya.. ... ya welcome to come try my ignition module to see if it resolves ur issue...

edit...

in fact i just bought an engine. with a ignition module untested.. but meh.... if ur anywhere near kenwick ur welcome to try it out

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey thanks VT brrrlina, i'd take you up on that if i was closer than wanneroo lol. Im gonna source a module tomorrow from repco, Bloke said i could just return it if its not the fault. Will keep you's updated :spot on:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Can you hear the fuel pump priming ????

mrvsss

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs ss
if u have a in car diagnosis computer plug it in, erase all history codes, then try it againt after erasing them, then the problem shud appear by code, find out wat the code is then go from there, dont buy anything until u kno for sure wat it is, otherwise u might replace parts that are still operating good, keep me updated wit wat the diagnosis says....

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey hey fellas, She breathes once more!!!:yeah: It was the Ignition module alright, plugged the new one in and she fired first shot. Ignition module cost me $205 and i think its a MOSFET. I have to say Kudos to all that helped, its great to know we're all not doomed to go straight to a holden mechanic when something goes wrong :thumbsup:

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
ignition module strikes again,i had mine go a couple of months ago but was lucky that after it cooled down for about 10 minutes i could drive off for about 5 minutes then have it cut out again,made it a long drive home...

devnull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V, VT-II Calais
Got a similar issue here, engine turns over but refuses to kick, but we *do* get spark....

Is it possible to have a weak spark to the point where it is visible but the engine wont fire? It wont even kick on start-ya-bastard, and it *was* running fine so I refuse to believe all 8 cylinders suddenly did their rings......

Ignition module? Coil?

Thoughts?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Dirty plugs.........