Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Needing my VT repaired, What are these parts?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
so youve had your aircon re-gassed and its still not working? i wouldh ave thought theyd have checked that it worked before they returned your car.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
For the horn check that you have good electrical contact - take off the horn plugs and give the terminals a good clean. Do the same with the horn relay.

If you can find a 450hz or 500hz horn (e.g. passenger side horn from a Calais), hook it up alongside the standard 400hz horn. It'll sound much meaner ;)

Anyone got an exact model number for an Intake Manifold Gasket for a 11/97 VT, v6 n/a? Anything that is cheaper than a $150 MACE one?
You can get the exact same ones that MACE stock from here:
ZZPerformance select 'grand prix', search for 'Aluminum Intake gasket'
About $70 shipped.
Select the cheapest shipping option, should take about 2 weeks to arrive from the US.

FWIW Mace have them for $110 which is half reasonable. Not sure where you got the $150 price from unless you were looking at the upper intake gasket/insulator? This is the one you want:
http://www.maceengineering.com.au/epages/shop.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/mace/Products/GSK601

This prob prob the dumbest question and I do apologize and apprecaite anyone who is helping me out, I just changed my wiper blades as the old ones were just making the window smudgey and couldnt see out of them, now I put new ones on and it is doing the same thing not quite as bad but still hard to see out of. Have I put them on back the front or something? lol
Mineral deposits on the glass can do that. Autoglym Glass Polish or similar will remove. Even a light cutting compound followed with a normal glass cleaner should work wonders.

Last edited:

vnkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Calais
Cheers, i got confused on the products i was looking at.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
most mecanics charge 88 per hour.. the diskd and pads might need to be bedded in and the wobble might be the hubs need to to tightened up a tad more if the repacked the wheel bearings too

slammedvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais, ve ssv
Even though a 289k VT wouldn't be in the best overall shape, I doubt the validity of the Holden dealership's argument. The inlet manifold gasket? If it were in such need of replacement the car wouldn't so well driveable out of the dealership if it were in need of replacement. But no somehow Holden thinks you're still good to get home, think about it and then hand over the cash. Also with that list Holden is essentially saying the whole front end steering system is finished. Even somebody with no mechanical expertise can see through an overzealous dealer. Is the engine sagging to warrant new engine mounts? Were the brake discs measured for runout? By looking at the engine, transmission, power steering system, and diff are there severe visible leaks? Are the spark plug leads frayed? If the answers are no how would the dealer know about their condition without so much as driving the car besides looking at it on a hoist???

i can vouch for all of these thigs need doing, i see it everyday and garrantee that all of this stuff would need doing except spark plug leads. inlet manifold gaskets could be leaking, still drivable. the suspension on the older commodore is **** and the bushes always wear out so yes it probably does all need replacing, its only 6 bushes. engine mounts do sag and we would replace a set a week on average, unless you want to pay for a new sump i would recommend getting these done. unless you know what you talking about and work in a dealership you wouldnt know what gets done all the time on commodores. you see the same problems all the time.

slammedvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais, ve ssv
most mecanics charge 88 per hour.. the diskd and pads might need to be bedded in and the wobble might be the hubs need to to tightened up a tad more if the repacked the wheel bearings too
cant repack the wheel bearing they are a sealed unit, and cant be adjusted. the brakes should have been bedded in, i would suggest its a wheel balance issue.