Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New arrival - diddled?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Make sure you check the brake calipers OP.....

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
ute goes really well! can't feel any noticeable difference between brakes and suspension from the redline (i'm commuting - not racing)
yes. quite likely contentment will ellude me. being human means we're all individual and i'm sure as **** you're not one removed from the dalai lama

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
thanks Guys. I own a VF and the bonnet closes perfectly with that crisp clunk. with regard to build dates - yes you nailed it Holden17. It's the same car they agreed to sell just brought forward as you mentioned. I realise I didnt agree to make contract subject to a drive but once bitten twice shy. If I'm going to have warranty headaches im just as happy to leave the car there and walk away from my deposit

Hi mate.

What Holden dealer in Perth, if you dont mind me asking? If its at a stage where car has been built, is delivered to the Dealership and you have to pick it up, then Finance must be at advanced stage right, so if i was a dealer id be a bit miffed that you wanna test drive it first. Always drive a car before deposit mate.

As far as warranty issues these VF are very well built so far ive only seen common small stuff like fitment, the drive trains are rock solid bud. Speaking of warranty one thing that im glad of is that mines an early 16 build, dont know if id want a last 3 month end of build car. ( slightly of topic )
Ive brought alot of new cars and my SS build quality is outstanding. Just remember if warranty wories you make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb, and remember you have 3 years or 5 years depending on deal to sort any **** out.

haveachat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SV6 Ute
I ordered mine mid-August, picked mine up on Wednesday (SV6) - was happy to get one before the factory closes in October. Build date is March 2017 - the thing had 20km on it - I'm not at all worried. As others have said, just enjoy - I am!

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
As far as warranty issues these VF are very well built so far ive only seen common small stuff like fitment, the drive trains are rock solid bud. Speaking of warranty one thing that im glad of is that mines an early 16 build, dont know if id want a last 3 month end of build car. ( slightly of topic )
Ive brought alot of new cars and my SS build quality is outstanding. Just remember if warranty wories you make sure you go over it with a fine tooth comb, and remember you have 3 years or 5 years depending on deal to sort any **** out.

MY16 build quality seems far better from a lot of feedback here on later builds, simply holden wont spend #$$$ on machines that are getting near end of life(generally around the world any car plant claosing quality drops at lot.

Re driveline a few engine(ls3) have died aswell with low kms so maybe a small dud batch has come throught.

Also seems holden are allowing/letting oil consumption/engine noise issues go more now than in the past.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
GMON - I wouldn't have thought the date was set in stone?; even more so as Oct 20 approaches - if the date had differed by a couple of months I would probably be asking questions.
Bonnet - remember these are aluminium so not a lot of weight in them - on both our VF2s (ute & wagon) you need to give a slight downward thrust (as you let go of the bonnet from the usual height) otherwise it won't close fully - I have never asked but assumed that is normal.
Test drive after purchase? You mean it's your car, you've arrived to pick it up and you want to drive it before paying the balance? (Just checking if this is what you mean?). If so, I've never requested that with a new car. If the deal has been done and "your" car has arrived then under contract I would think you're obliged to buy it...anything that you are not happy with after that is potentially a warranty issue??

Still have not driven mine. Crazy Huh?????