Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Dads gather here (mums too I guess)

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
P28-05-11_16.36[01].jpgP28-05-11_12.32[03].jpgP28-05-11_12.32[04].jpgP23-05-11_19.42[01].jpgP28-05-11_12.31[02].jpgHey,
Being a Dad is the greatest challenge and it has massive rewards. Unfortunally not long after my daughter was made my partner had a bad accident from that new daughter may have suffered. I have been through so many tests etc and nothing worse than to have to hold down your own daughter while they take x-rays, ultrasounds. Its been a really long road but she it my life and makes me happy everyday.....when she isn't emptying my tool box!

I am more than happy to share with anyone mum & dad that need advice or a place to turn because I have been through alot! My daughter is 14months

Last edited:

vq rat

vq rat
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1 burnout weapon
I am a proud dad of a little girl ( 7 months now) an yes it is very life changing but it is amazing to come home from work and she is there smiling at you, i am 28 and its our first kid and now i look at my old's and can see how hard it was for them to bring me and my brother up ( my brother had open heat surgery at 4 mins old ) and i could not imagine how hard that was spending the best part of a year at the royal children in Melbourne, mate take ever day in good and bad cos at the end of the day you are very luck to be someone that can have kids a lot of people cant good luck man

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
I know that I'll probably regret saying this, but I'm looking forward to when he can walk...that'll make it a lot easier (in some ways).

I've got three kids.... two to my ex partner, and a 1 month old with my wife.

With my first two I used to have the same feelings as you, couldn't wait for them to grow up, walk around, talk so they can tell us what they're feeling instead of just crying or making noises which we can never figure out what they mean, and become more and more independent to make my life easier. In same ways, yes it does make things easier, but now that I've got a newborn it has opened my eyes and helped me realise that they really don't stay that little for very long at all, and these moments really have to be cherished fully because they can easily be forgotten when they grow up.

I haven't said congrats yet, so congrats on the new addition to your family mate!
Where was the little guy born? As in, which hospital? We also had complications with Cooper, he had very bad jaundice and had an extended stay in special care, all up we spent a full week in hospital. We had him at the royal women's and the level of care there throughout the entire week was incredible, we were so happy with them. It was scary seeing our new little baby have to go under lights in an incubator and being fed through a tube in his nose, but we knew he was in excellent hands so it made it all a hell of a lot easier to deal with. They also gave my wife and I a room of our own in the special care ward so we could be there with him 24/7, which was especially good because the last two nights when he was off the lights and out of the incubator he actually stayed in the room with us, it actually felt like we were just having a stay in a hotel with midwife's and doctor's around all the time to help us out if we ever needed it.

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
We had a girl Thursday night. 1 hour and 40 minute labour. Wife was screaming in the car as I raced through peak hour traffic to the hospital. This is our second. We have a 22 month boy.

The VS was parked infront of the VY so we took the VS.

Superlow springs and a wife in labour ain't good.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Sorry to hijack the thread a little, just wanted to put some information out there. Lately there has been a bit of an outbreak of meningitis. My baby girl spent 2 weeks in hospital early this year when she was only 3 weeks old. We are very lucky to have her with us today. Meningitis is very scary and it takes hold so quickly and has a high mortality rate. One day our baby girl was fine happy and had just had seen our gp and midwife and in perfect health, the next morning she wasn't quite herself, was a bit grumpy, didn't want to feed, by lunch time she came down with a temperature and when I put her in the car to go to hospital she was screaming, hating to be touched. Please be aware of the symptoms, we are lucky we caught on to this early and got her to hospital. Here are the symptoms:

79-symptoms_children.jpg

okay community service announcement end hehe

We had a girl Thursday night. 1 hour and 40 minute labour. Wife was screaming in the car as I raced through peak hour traffic to the hospital. This is our second. We have a 22 month boy.

The VS was parked infront of the VY so we took the VS.

Superlow springs and a wife in labour ain't good.

Congratulations :) That was a quick labour I envy your wife hehe.

oh and reaper 2.0 is very cute :) he is one of those babies that really looks like a boy not one that has you guessing.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
@JBDrifter: North Park Private hospital, Plenty Rd Bundoora. It's only about 4 minutes away from our house, or two and a half minutes with a wife in labour at 2AM...(no 'safety' cameras this end of the Ring Rd). I can't say enough great things about the staff at the Special Care Nursery there, both my wife and I were in and out of the nursery at all times of day and night, often assisting with monitoring/feeding/collecting bloods/changing, all while inside the isolette. They were brilliant, taking time to explain what had changed in the last 30 minutes since one of us was in there, teaching us how to work with all the machines, so that if one of them did start to go 'ping' we'd know if it was a problem or not.

@Krilnik: Yep...got a lowered VN, for the last 5 months of the pregnancy, my wife refused to get into the car it was just too uncomfortable for her. So when she went into labour...had to take my Hyundai Excel...damn. Congratulations on number two by the way, hope everyone is doing well.

@Julie: Never say sorry for helping parents out in a thread about helping parents. Seriously, things like meningitis are freaking scary, and more people should be aware of the signs and symptoms. One of the problems with having such a young child is that (with the exception of the fever) all of those symptoms happen throughout the day at various times. Crying, vomiting, lethargy...heh...and that's just me. Seriously though, it's a dangerous disease, thanks for posting that.

@vq rat and @daggett: extended hospital stays suck, we were lucky with our son, he was only in for a week extra, and yeah...having to hold your newborn down while medical tests are done is no fun (nasal gastric tube insertion anyone?). I couldn't imagine what a year in hospital would do to me, my wife or our lives. Now days patching up a hole in the heart of a newborn is not uncommon, and it's not quite the same 'risk' that it was a couple of decades ago, that said, any surgery carries a risk, and any surgery on a 4 minute (!!!) old baby is terrifying for all concerned.

To be honest when I started this thread I was not expecting to get so many people talking about this. I guess commodore owners are a much more enlightened bunch than society gives us credit for (or maybe it's just the people in my life that think owning an old commodore makes me less likely to understand emotional/psychological issues).

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
We had our first at North Park Private. Great staff.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Well on 26/1/2012 (due date) I will become part of this prestigious club an i didnt even ask for membership the missues just signed me up :boxing: well me an the missues are both freaking out ATM me alot more than her, we have been together for about 3 years so about time she reckons.
What a life changing decision not pulling out that day/night is gonna be.:bang:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Good luck to all.
Well I was always firm with my 2 girls and they have their own kids now.
They still ring me about things now and then.
So I know they love me.