Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Exhaust Droning Bad

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
The Manta 3" wouldn't have droned either, but the 2 1/2" is even better. Sounds good, no drone, but you have to use the whole cat back not just the centre. If you keep your bi-modals then go the "quiet" front, it has a muffler and hotdogs, it is labelled quiet but only to differentiate between the quiet, medium and loud.
Finally your back! Just the person i was looking to speak to. I am booking my Vf Ssv ls3 for a full Di Fillipo exhaust sustem in a couple of months! 1 3/4 headers, 200 cell cats & 2.5 inch cat back with bimodals. What do you think of this system? I understand MPI automotive in Melton that manufactures Manta exhaust system have bought Di Fillipo.
All this talk about drone and loudness is making me nervous. Definently do not want a loud system and dont want a system that drones.

baldy-calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
Finally your back! Just the person i was looking to speak to. I am booking my Vf Ssv ls3 for a full Di Fillipo exhaust sustem in a couple of months! 1 3/4 headers, 200 cell cats & 2.5 inch cat back with bimodals. What do you think of this system? I understand MPI automotive in Melton that manufactures Manta exhaust system have bought Di Fillipo.
All this talk about drone and loudness is making me nervous. Definently do not want a loud system and dont want a system that drones.
Won't be a Di Fillipo

Thomas_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
The Manta 3" wouldn't have droned either, but the 2 1/2" is even better. Sounds good, no drone, but you have to use the whole cat back not just the centre. If you keep your bi-modals then go the "quiet" front, it has a muffler and hotdogs, it is labelled quiet but only to differentiate between the quiet, medium and loud.
NAAF question:
What is the equivalent in Hurricane (or closest equivalent) to what you describe above?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover

I think he is suggesting that Manta bought out Di Fillipo in march of 2019 and was phasing the name out to Manta.

I would not use the DiFillipo, even though MPI bought DiFillipo there will still be some of their stock around the country and quite possibly they may ustilise the DiFillipo manufacturing jigs in Victoria and rebrand it Manta, although that would be a bad move as the Manta is a much better system. The main reason for the buy out is to manufacture their own headers as they bought them in from various makers previously. I wouldn't even fit bimodals. I have supplied and fitted hundreds of Manta systems, (quite a few to members on here) and everyone (almost) was happy with the quality and sound. The quiet system in 2 1/2" most definitely does not drone. Nice and smooth note, quiet on idle and has a good rumble when you get up it.

NAAF question:
What is the equivalent in Hurricane (or closest equivalent) to what you describe above?

There is nothing equivalent to Manta IMO. Your choices would be to play around with what you have to try and quieten it down, or fit the Manta front section. Hurricane make fantastic headers, but I don't like their systems.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
I would not use the DiFillipo, even though MPI bought DiFillipo there will still be some of their stock around the country and quite possibly they may ustilise the DiFillipo manufacturing jigs in Victoria and rebrand it Manta, although that would be a bad move as the Manta is a much better system. The main reason for the buy out is to manufacture their own headers as they bought them in from various makers previously. I wouldn't even fit bimodals. I have supplied and fitted hundreds of Manta systems, (quite a few to members on here) and everyone (almost) was happy with the quality and sound. The quiet system in 2 1/2" most definitely does not drone. Nice and smooth note, quiet on idle and has a good rumble when you get up it.

There is nothing equivalent to Manta IMO. Your choices would be to play around with what you have to try and quieten it down, or fit the Manta front section. Hurricane make fantastic headers, but I don't like their systems.
I think they said that if i was in WA they will provide a Manta system but if i am in Vic they will provide the Di Fillipo system. I cant be too sure tho.
Why is the Manta full system much better?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's just made better, better components and internals that cancel out the drone. The DiFillipo isn't like that. I would insist on a Manta. Pity I didn't sell them anymore, I could get one shipped from WA cheaper than you could buy one there.

Thomas_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
NAAF sorry to bombard you with endless questions.
Can a skilled exhaust shop fit the VF2 SSVR factory catback to the Hurricane headers?
There's no way of using any of of factory catback, axle back?