Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New family car - Subaru ?

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute

Brown Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Nitrate Manual Redline
Worry less about the reliability of turbo Jap motors than that of our modern German machines - particularly DSG equipped cars.
And agree - SUVs = Cockroaches of the road

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Let's hope SUV's are not like cockroaches which have been around for 300 millions of years o_O

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Well, when operating an SUV it feels like it's got 300 million years' worth of wear in the suspension & steering ...

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just curious Ron, have you driven a Turbo Diesel Santa Fe? Very under rated. 450Nm of torque I think you will be surprised. I'd choose that over a suby on any drive over 10km long.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
In my opinion you already own arguably the best performance family car in that price range. Size, power, comfort.......It's a shame it hasn't been an enjoyable experience for you.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Just curious Ron, have you driven a Turbo Diesel Santa Fe? Very under rated. 450Nm of torque I think you will be surprised. I'd choose that over a suby on any drive over 10km long.
A huge positive of these is that you can fit oval-shaped wheels, drive into the middle of a football-pitch, and 37 clowns can climb out to the tune of the Benny Hill theme!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
A huge positive of these is that you can fit oval-shaped wheels, drive into the middle of a football-pitch, and 37 clowns can climb out to the tune of the Benny Hill theme!
Yep. Imagine trying that in a suby? Three clowns climbing out with so many aches and pains from being cramped in the little car and they just crash on the ground for a while to get their breath back :) ;)