Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Headers Advice

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Yeah will stick to the 400 cell cats since it wont be much of a restriction and wont get the fume smell.
Interesting that alot of others say that stock cats are major restriction tho.
They arent a major restriction at all though,the path into the cat isnt ideal but they are a pretty good thing.
If you are led to believe you can make 30rwhp by removing them and fitting high flow cats like some on this forum then you will be sadly disappointed.
Dont believe everything you read on the internet bud.
Alot of people making comments have no idea and dont even work on their own cars,their experience comes from trolling internet forums and is then played off as their own experience and they will argue the point til the cows come home just for shits and giggles.
Some guys actually have alot of knowledge and can be very helpful,you just need to sift through all the bs.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I don't notice the smell of 100 or 200 cell cats but like mentioned earlier it may be like living next to a noisy road and it disappears as you get use to it.

I do notice a smell with some cams and never get use to them.

I like the 100 cells simply for the way they change the sound of the exhaust which is a take it or leave it for some owners.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah will stick to the 400 cell cats since it wont be much of a restriction and wont get the fume smell.
Interesting that alot of others say that stock cats are major restriction tho.
I also much prefer the sound of hi-flow cats. I've had stock Holden, stock Gen-F and 200cpi metal cats on my 6.0l Redline. I chose not to go 100cpi as like you, I was concerned about fumes. The hi flows definitely give a better note in my experience. That said, I also had a retune done when they were fitted. As for smell, I don't notice any discernable difference between the exhaust smell of my Redline and my Mototsport which has 400cpi cats. Unless I'm running E85. That stuff smells great. The tune has a lot to do with it.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
I also much prefer the sound of hi-flow cats. I've had stock Holden, stock Gen-F and 200cpi metal cats on my 6.0l Redline. I chose not to go 100cpi as like you, I was concerned about fumes. The hi flows definitely give a better note in my experience. That said, I also had a retune done when they were fitted. As for smell, I don't notice any discernable difference between the exhaust smell of my Redline and my Mototsport which has 400cpi cats. Unless I'm running E85. That stuff smells great. The tune has a lot to do with it.
You dont notice more of a fumey smell
With your redline that has 200cpi cats compared to your Motorsport that has 400cpi cats?

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Lads anyone know where a set of LS3/LSA front o2 extension looms can be obtained in Sydney? Noticed there's plenty in Vic but need a set in a few days if possible.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
castle hill exhaust, liverpool exhaust, sureflow exhaust?
surely one of those would be able to source them if they didnt stock them.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Thanks I was thinking Liverpool, will give them a call in the morning.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
You dont notice more of a fumey smell
With your redline that has 200cpi cats compared to your Motorsport that has 400cpi cats?
I start the car in the garage every day. Some days I don't press the roller door remote button properly and it doesn't open. Even then, it doesn't have a petrol fume smell. Exhaust gas yes, but not fumey, like say a flooded lawn mower.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Since I've had my update I've notice that it is very exhaust fumey when I pull up, but there's no fuel fumes that I've noticed at all.