Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Headers Advice

Thomas_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
ive got hurricane 1 3/4 into 3 fitted on mine, and they also have mufflers that bolt the bimodal onto.
they are supposably one of the better fitting systems after talking with a few tuners

personally i think its a little droney, but maybe im just old.
its definitely nowhere near as obnoxious as the kpm system i had on my VE.

i would say its on the deeper side of note like DPE, rather than raspy like harrop and xforce.
Thanks, I'll put those on the short-list.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Do you guys think there will be an issue with rust down the track after the bimodals are welded into the Difilipo exhaust.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Do you guys think there will be an issue with rust down the track after the bimodals are welded into the Difilipo exhaust.

Where I live on the coast, everything rusts, surface rust appears on anything I leave outside or in the carport within a week or so.

Use a rust inhibitor on the welds and paint them over if you're worried.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Yeah, i really enjoyed both project VF and PVF2. Great reading.
The most important factor for me in deciding between 1 3/4 & 1 7/8's isn't sound, or max HP,. It's the seat of the pants feel. They would both sound good and a few extra HP at peak makes didly squat difference on the street. But as a daily, or even weekend special street driven car, how the engine behaves and responds to throttle inputs, in the low to medium rev range makes a hige difference to how enjoyable the car is to drive. I'm seriously thinking about a nice set of ceramic coated 1 3/4 DPE headers and cats for my Motorsport...
What about a cat back for your Motorsport too so you can finish off the full exhaust system?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
What about a cat back for your Motorsport too so you can finish off the full exhaust system?
Nah, I'm pretty happy with the 2.5" Gen-f cat back to be honest.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So I ended up buying the Genie Tri-y off of ebay and will get em installed and a tune next week.