Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New key?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Minster Minute are few and far between in Vic now.
Keeping in mind, "They Clone" them,
So if you have an issue with an existing Key Head, they clone the issue, so you can have the same problem.
Its best to get NEW ones, and program them in as a new Key Head,
From a reputable Locksmith.

If you haven't had a issue, your one of the lucky ones.
They don’t always clone them. I had mine done from the codes.

You’re right, cloning is not the greatest way to do things because faults or glitches are replicated.

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Ahh cool thanks. Good to know there's a guy on mercer st too. Where do you live?

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Must be geelong locksmiths. Found them on mercer st with google.

Reactions: Lex

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kruising. Where are you locate? Are you able to help or would I be better off finding a locksmith? Would it be an inconvenience for you? Might you remember the ebay seller by chance? Do you know if the circuit board comes with the battery already installed? I once got some key batteries from ebay with the metal tabs on them where they just had to be lined up with the correct holes on the circuit board and with an iron they just fell right into place. Might you know if anyone still sells that type of battery? Thanks again, Gus.
https://www.retrosales.com.au/produ...-cr2016-cr1616-tab-tabbed?variant=25772027216

yz300

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt wagon
Ahh yep sorry mate. Mixed you up with another member. I do remember you trying to help. The main issue i had from then was the abs module.

Reactions: Lex

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Kruising. Where are you locate? Are you able to help or would I be better off finding a locksmith? Would it be an inconvenience for you? Might you remember the ebay seller by chance? Do you know if the circuit board comes with the battery already installed? I once got some key batteries from ebay with the metal tabs on them where they just had to be lined up with the correct holes on the circuit board and with an iron they just fell right into place. Might you know if anyone still sells that type of battery? Thanks again, Gus.

I'm in Beaumaris, approx. 1.5 hours away,
You can open the casing up and de-solder the old battery with a solder sucker,
and change the Battery, then solder the new one in, [Battery are found at Jaycar, as mentioned earlier]
Then you have a problem of trying to re-assemble the casing/housing, as they never go back the same,
When you think of the time spent, and stress trying to re-assemble it, and if it is doesn't work,

Pay a bit more first, and forget about the hassles and be done with it,
Far cheaper to purchase a genuine one and its done and dusted, and wont need to worry about it for another 10+ years.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
As good as my Cross8's former haunt. You may well have seen it drive past with it's Aus Mesh signage on the back.