Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New manufacturers to enter V8 Super Cars in 2012.

lothaer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Lumina V6
I was at my GFs place on Saturday for the clipsal (before i had to goto work ><) and her dad chucks a magazine at me and says "read that".

The article was about new manufacturers potentially enter the V8 super cars in 2012, one of which is most likely Mercedes-Benz.

Here's a article i found on the net that pretty much covers what i read in the Mag.

Germans to join V8 Supercars

what do you guys think?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Slow news week. Neither merc or BMW would want to jump on the sinking ship that is V8SC:rofl2:

sam5l

australias driving future
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5L / vn spak buick powered
good idea i think a better one is let them run the production motors ie 6l and 5.4 that would be good to watch

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
it used to be so much more exciting when the drivers were real, the cars were real....like, the 05 Brock commodore had a 5.0 litre v8 in it, just as you'd find in a VH SLX that was so optioned. The XD Falcon had a 5.8 in it. They even had corollas for comic relief, complete with 1600cc motors...nowadays the cars are the same, the drivers are all the same. I honestly could NOT pick winterbottom, ambrose et. al. from a lineup..... brong back group e pproduction car racing....and coz they are a bit slower you get more racing time wise!

Bugboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hg holden
Ive been watching with some intrest V8SA future plans . And Im of the same opinion that V8SA are a sinking ship thats reaching for a life boy to save them. Ive attended Bathurst 1000 for 20 plus years and during that time many things have changed but I cant say all for the better.
The fact they require X,s race car drivers to tell them whats good for there sport shows that there completly out of touch .Tony Cocrane dribble has no end. Every events now seems to have some rock concert attached to attract so called new fans.
Its know longer a sport its entertaiment and I will admitt that come the end of 2011 I and many others will walk away as I have know intrest in silouette racing or a form very similar. Its all starting to seem like the mid 80,s (Group A) and our want then to suck up to the international market and we all know where that ended up.
I believe unless we go to a formula like that of the brute ute then this form of V8 racing is doomed.

lifeguard_aus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pack Ute
I think its a good idea....there will always be red v blue, but its time to open up other manufacturers....I am interested in seeing what capacity GM Chevrolet will be involved...or will they stay out and allow Holden to lead the charge...

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I work for Mercedes, and from what the boss has told me, Mercedes (AMG) is joining V8 Supercars in 2012.
I've also been told that we are getting their "demo" car of what the 2012 race version will look like, however, I'm am not sure when this car will arrive, I've been told soon.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I work for Mercedes, and from what the boss has told me, Mercedes (AMG) is joining V8 Supercars in 2012.
I've also been told that we are getting their "demo" car of what the 2012 race version will look like, however, I'm am not sure when this car will arrive, I've been told soon.

Implying an Australian Dealer knows what Sporting arrangements a German company are getting involved in.......:rofl2:

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
They will and can do it.

The engine will probably be small capacity of 4.5 litres or something as they are DOHC per bank compared to conventianal push rod style v8's

They can either used our current V8 engine or have restrictions on their quad cam engines.

All the engines in V8SC series soon will be toned down and built less " On the Edge " powerfull engines anyway for cost and reliability reason due to rising costs.

V8SC is just a load of Comercial BS anyway and will die in the ass a slow death anyway, it will never be like the good old Group C racing and its going downhill fast even if it pulls massive crouds of teeny boppers and groupies.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
All the engines in V8SC series soon will be toned down and built less " On the Edge " powerfull engines anyway for cost and reliability reason due to rising costs.
If you've read the COTF requirements, they looking to source completely new engines (ie, they wont be toning the engines down, they'll be getting a different motor (either custom made, or one already being manufactured somewhere around the world)).....