Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New manufacturers to enter V8 Super Cars in 2012.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
NOWAY that was the bad old days when brocky made the biggest mistake of his racing career,even skaife drove a nissan what were they thinking? Ahh thats right they wanted to WIN more than what car they were driving,to me your either Holden or Ford you cant be both.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
And Im also a bit pissed off because you need to have digital TV to watch sundays race what is channel 7 thinking? not everyone has digital TV yet.

Its LIVE on 7Mate, and is on at 11:10pm on the regular channel 7 for those that dont have a digital TV. This is the BEST possible solution, because usually it has to be shown on the main channel first before the other channels, but being that it would be 11pm, is stupid. This is what wasnt done for the winton round i think.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Its LIVE on 7Mate, and is on at 11:10pm on the regular channel 7 for those that dont have a digital TV. This is the BEST possible solution, because usually it has to be shown on the main channel first before the other channels, but being that it would be 11pm, is stupid. This is what wasnt done for the winton round i think.

Totally agree mate. It's the best possible outcome, atleast this way the V8's aren't playing second fiddle to the foosball.

If you don't have digital TV, sucks to be you...

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Totally agree mate. It's the best possible outcome, atleast this way the V8's aren't playing second fiddle to the foosball.

If you don't have digital TV, sucks to be you...

Just to clarify for others, by LAW it has to be shown on the main channel first, so this round has been given an exemption to show it on the digital channel. If it didn't happen like this, everyone would miss out and have to wait til 11pm to watch the races...
Was good they finally got the hint of showing it on 7mate for the majority of people who do have a digital tv.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
We cant get good digi tv here.. its crap and we have a digi tv in the lounge and when it rains, windy or a storm the reception breaks up and you have to turn it of its that bad.. I just turned it off now and cant even watch the drag bikes on tv.. Digi tv is a scam and normal tv never had a prob here..

thommo81

Reaction score
Members Ride
suby, my bad
digi tv

At the moment they allow only 28 cars in the race so are some of the present drivers going to be driving the mercs or will they extend the amount of drivers/cars allowed into a race? And Im also a bit pissed off because you need to have digital TV to watch sundays race what is channel 7 thinking? not everyone has digital TV yet.

where do you live???? tassie? why don't you have digital tv yet?? there are some real peanuts in this country no wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.

An old race with cars that are all the same, push rod engines live rear axles. Might as well be a billy cart race! BMW, Mercedes and Toyota will kill the local cars and i cant wait!

and yes i drive a suby cos all the local cars fall apart!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
where do you live???? tassie? why don't you have digital tv yet?? there are some real peanuts in this country no wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.

An old race with cars that are all the same, push rod engines live rear axles. Might as well be a billy cart race! BMW, Mercedes and Toyota will kill the local cars and i cant wait!

A fine example of a peanut right here...

Wasn't aware "the rest of the world laughed at us" because we appreciate our heritage, and that we haven't forgot where we've come from..? Traditions, read up on them.

"Back in the day" racing was exactly that, racing, seeing which driver could get their production car around a track the fastest.
Not whether or not your pit team changed your tyre's 1 second faster/slower than competitors'.

Want F1, watch F1, want NASCAR, watch NASCAR, Just leave our V8's alone FFS.

And you drive a suby cause you're a peanut.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun

With an attitude like that no wonder your still in you 30s and single and have to trawl the net for cheap feral sluts.

Hey look at me i drive a suby and all i can do is drive in a straight line and go around corners slightly faster OMG im so cool.

Last edited:

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper

well done for your first post. you join a forum related to these so called billy carts and immediately shoot them down! i'm no fan of the v8 supertaxi's either but when i want to watch cars of all makes i watch the current production series where factory spec "billy carts" blow the living doors off subys, evo's and the like especially along the straights, watching them battle in the corners is good too which is where your suby usually catches up but not allways, awd vs brute hp = great racing. oh and no way on earth are suby's and the like built to last, want proof go to your local dragstrip and watch a street meet where it's common to see them pushed off because they have broken diffs,gearboxes, rear suspension mount's and anywhere else holdens and fords usually last but subys dont.they are'nt perfect on the street either, brand new sti's with failed rear suspension set ups as happened to a couple of workmates that forked out $65 g for these things one of which has had endless probs with it. at least billy cart engines can be rebuilt quite easily when they go boom, boxer engines usually go KA-boom and its all over for that motor. in short ALL makes have their probs mate..PS a mate of mine is a merc mechanic and "hates the bloody things, absolute bastards to work on" -his words