Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New manufacturers to enter V8 Super Cars in 2012.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If Merc do join the series for advertising reason they aren't going to come here and just play funny buggers. They are a big serious company and no team we have here is going to be able to match them in development or money (not that there's much left to develop since the rules are so stupid). Anyway lets say Merc do play and they dominate the racing as they would, I doubt that is going to do anything but kill the formula off faster than it's going anyway

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Yeah but in saying that, they will just cry parity and the Mercs / BMW will get raped in the butt for weight breaks and aero kits etc etc.

It will be a Farce for ages, Merc will just pull more out of the bag and they will get penalised more and more time after time.

the other mexico

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL exec
if he mercs were to join they might not have all that much of an advantage, as neither merc or AMG are allowed to participate in events outside of europe? i think it was.
So in other words to run a merc you would get no factory backing whatsoever and unless the cars had a close setups to DTMs they'd struggle for the first few years easily.
but after saying that i did read somewhere that AMG Australasia announced that there wont be any mercs entered at all.
All of the real interest so far has been from Chrysler, toyota, hyundai, daewoo? and another koren based manufacturer.

VNVacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Vacationer
For racing to again flourish the answer is to go back for the future

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
You bumped a thread for that reply. Err gratz.

JT

Reaction score
bring back group A! at least manufacturers would have to build some tough street cars with the bits needed for racing

YZ250

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS CREWMAN
WILL not happen !. One only has to read the release of V8 Supercars COF statement COF = Car of The Future. the Cars are going to continually change and will only be a shell ( like Nascars ) on a controlled Body. So yes others in the future may enter , but you will find it will be like Arrow or Jordan as per F1 ie development Teams ( my lack of f1's maybe showing , but I think you may understand my point )

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
At the moment they allow only 28 cars in the race so are some of the present drivers going to be driving the mercs or will they extend the amount of drivers/cars allowed into a race? And Im also a bit pissed off because you need to have digital TV to watch sundays race what is channel 7 thinking? not everyone has digital TV yet.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I find the v8 super cars boring these days and only really watch Bathurst and a few big races. They need to go back to the real racing when you cod race what ever you want weaher it's a jag or commodore or a BMW.. The good old days or many makes and that sorted the real driver out..

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Wasn't the good old days when 90% of the grid were Sierras. Even Brocky was driving one!