Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New manufacturers to enter V8 Super Cars in 2012.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
An old race with cars that are all the same, push rod engines live rear axles. Might as well be a billy cart race! BMW, Mercedes and Toyota will kill the local cars and i cant wait!

And the inherent problem with pushrods is??? You need IRS on a car that spends it's whole live on billiard table flat roads and no trans-axle because??? And BMW/MERC/Toyota will win with overhead cams in a mandated pushrod catagory how???

and yes i drive a suby cos all the local cars fall apart!

You just showed your stupidity right there.

Reaper

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
where do you live???? tassie? why don't you have digital tv yet?? there are some real peanuts in this country no wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.

An old race with cars that are all the same, push rod engines live rear axles. Might as well be a billy cart race! BMW, Mercedes and Toyota will kill the local cars and i cant wait!

and yes i drive a suby cos all the local cars fall apart!

Firstly bring on the other manufacturers I say as this will shown how good and/or bad our home grown vehicles are compared to the world.

Secondly...WOW!!!!... get out of bed on the wrong side did you? How about you give me your scoobydoo and we will put it on the track and see how long it last. Believe me, I'm speaking from experience THEY DON'T and before you say it's the driver or something even more stupid... go away you troll.

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
this thread is getting filled with flaming goodness (Bystanders don your flamesuits)

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i grew up with my dad always watching the V8 Supercars, but to be honest ive never had any interest in it, if it did go back to production cars however i would start to watch it, that way its the REAL holden VS ford, not the same cars with different stickers

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I've lost interest a bit too. I'm more of a formula 1 man now, however I still love bathurst with a passion and havn't missed one in years. I dont find the other rounds that good to watch though

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
i grew up with my dad always watching the V8 Supercars, but to be honest ive never had any interest in it, if it did go back to production cars however i would start to watch it, that way its the REAL holden VS ford, not the same cars with different stickers

likewise, I only watch it now if I happen to be home and nothing particularly planned.
It's still entertaining but nothing like it used to be when they were actually production based cars. I grew up watching Grp C and Grp A, and loved these cars, they still had door trims, dashboard, some Grp C's even had the rear seat.

But having said that, V8 Supercars is still a lot more interesting in F1 (go-karts on steroids) or Nascar.