Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New member needing urgent help!!!!

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just be very careful whilst driving it and keep a good ear out for any changes in engine noise.. I used a nulon engine flush not long ago in my VSV6, and the instructions said to let the engine idle for 15 to 30 minutes after adding the flush. I let it idle for around 25 minutes and then I noticed that the engine was a lot noisier and was actually getting a bit rattly, so I turned it straight off. When I dropped the oil and had a look at it, it was like water it was that runny.

tim94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 3.8l
thats what im afraid of! when you put the new oil in were things back to normal?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yep, it went straight back to being quiet again after Id drained it and added new oil, (I use mobil 1 5W-50 oil.) I think the flush made the engine a bit quieter overall though. But I wouldnt have liked to let it idle for much longer with the flush in it, it wouldnt have been doing the engine much good from the noise it was starting to make, and that was only at idle speed..

tim94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 3.8l
thats good, well i just checked oil now (engine is cold) and oil isnt watery. it looks normal. and thats after i drove it for about 5km. sorry if i sound like an idiot im not mechanicaly minded haha, but if what you said happened to yours how it went watery, would it look like that on the dipstick when its cold or would you check that when its warm? thanks

SirNemesis

Reaction score
Members Ride
WHII Statesman
Yer it will be fine.

PJDM1980

You need to stop giving advice...

DO NOT drive a car with engine flush still in the oil. The flush completely breaks down the load bearing capabilities of oil and is only designed to be used with AT MOST the engine idling. If you put any load on this engine (like driving the car...) you may aswell drive the car without any oil at all as the damage will be the same.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
You need to stop giving advice...

DO NOT drive a car with engine flush still in the oil. The flush completely breaks down the load bearing capabilities of oil and is only designed to be used with AT MOST the engine idling. If you put any load on this engine (like driving the car...) you may aswell drive the car without any oil at all as the damage will be the same.

+ 1 to this, You will wreck the engine mate, Dont drive it, Vice grips will get it. or Ring a mobile mechanic. You have options

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
To all the idiots saying it will be fine. Stop giving advice unless you are happy to give OP the money when his engine self destructs. Think about what oil flush does. Breaks down oil. Not something you really want in a car.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
His only driving it till next week which is two days away I'd say you'll be fine, but that's my opinion. If it was a modern engine my opinion would be different.