Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new potenza re002

alan_blue

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve ss
Hey all just wondering if anyone has got the new re002 tyres? I'm tied between these and falken 452s

Not sure which are better, was going to get the 452 but bob Jane are doing buy 3 get one free on potenzas

Hmmmmm what to get for the ss

Any help appreciated

ASAUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS UTe Cammed
Had both, Potenza's are a far better tyre. That deal is bloody good too

alan_blue

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ve ss
yeah im wondering about the better tyre, as the falkens are $259 each and the potenzas are $399, however the re050 ones are $480!! I thought the new Adrenellin ones were better but however are cheaper?

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
The Potenzas that came standard on my ute i found were pretty good for grip in most conditions when fairly new.

However i have found their wear rate is fairly high, and that's under some spirited driving but not spinning up the rears as a rule.

I have 9570km on the ute and i would say the rears are close to seeing their better days behind them.

So be aware of that, although others may have had better experiences with them.

I have heard good things about the Falkens.

Cheers.

hsv_r8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 R8 SV
yeah im wondering about the better tyre, as the falkens are $259 each and the potenzas are $399, however the re050 ones are $480!! I thought the new Adrenellin ones were better but however are cheaper?

I put Adrenellin on, the low price is nothing to go by. They are much better that the 050A's. I find the steering is much better now.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Go get yourself continental contisport 5 from bob Jane they got a special on them at the moment for $350 for 19s which is ridiculously cheap compared to others charging $450 plus.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
They are a great tyre, just dont expect to get 20,000 k's out if a set. Also try looking at the kumho ku39's. Very good tyres for handling and wear, been fitting these to majority of our customers VE's for $365 for 245/40/19's.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
452's.

The Potenza's may be OEM, but I reckon the 452's are a much better tyre.
Dont get confused in thinking more expensive = better btw. The Potenza's are a dead set ripoff. They are good, but not that good!
I get better fuel economy and less road noise with the 452's, and performance in the wet in unequalled.

Here's some good info on the RE002's....
The New Potenza Adrenalin RE002
The thing that sticks out for me is the tyre life comparison to the RE001's.
The 01's are renowned for not lasting very long (due to their softer tyre compound to increase their performance), and the 02's havent changed in this regard.

And for a 'performance' tyre, they dont cater for 20 inch fitment at all. There's 1 size and that's it... hardly a good calling card for heavier cars like the VE.

Last edited: