Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new potenza re002

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Maybe look at the Potenza S001's, I got them, love them. That way you can still get the deal.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Have to say, Contis at $350 is a bargain! They're a fantastic tyre.

452s are a great tyre. Definitely better than the 050 OE tyres. Can't comment on the 002s though.
I can't believe you think the Falken's are better than the Bridgestone's. I personally think the structural integrity of the 050 Potenza's (R19 98W) is hard to beat.
The experience I've had with Falken's is a noise increase (which is loud to begin with) as they wear which is caused by the tyre rolling surface becoming buckled due to poor structural inner belt strength and thermal elasticity (got these words from Falken themselves).

050's are pricey (245/40R19 W98 - RRP is $600) but can be sourced for equivalent prices as the nasty brands if you look hard enough.

That said, tyres are a very personal preference:blah blah:

CYA

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I can't believe you think the Falken's are better than the Bridgestone's. I personally think the structural integrity of the 050 Potenza's (R19 98W) is hard to beat.
The experience I've had with Falken's is a noise increase (which is loud to begin with) as they wear which is caused by the tyre rolling surface becoming buckled due to poor structural inner belt strength and thermal elasticity (got these words from Falken themselves).

050's are pricey (245/40R19 W98 - RRP is $600) but can be sourced for equivalent prices as the nasty brands if you look hard enough.

That said, tyres are a very personal preference:blah blah:

CYA

Can only comment on my experience with them mate. I was not a fan of the 050s at all. They were cooked at less than 16,000 (front and rear - without driving like a lunatic) and didn't grip as well as the cheap kumho's I replaced them with. The 452s I have now in comparison are everything I expected the 050s to be. Don't find them noisy at all, they grip really well wet and dry and are lasting surprisingly well, already had them fitted longer than the 050s and they're at ~50%

I'd certainly buy the 452s again - That said, if I find Contis for the price above when it comes time to replace these, I'll snap them up in a heartbeat.

mad macks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute S2
hey Acarmody , What type of tyre did you have before the S001 ?
I rang a Bridgestone tyre centre and he said they supersede the RE050
I can get a set of 18" S001 tyres for an SV6 ute for about $1,100.
What sort of comm have you gottem on ?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I just ordered a set of S001's in 235/40R18, not sure whether they will be any good or not (hoping they are), I have had RE050A's before that I was happy with, only problem was I had the wrong profile so the car felt down on power and the speedo was out.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
hey Acarmody , What type of tyre did you have before the S001 ?
I rang a Bridgestone tyre centre and he said they supersede the RE050
I can get a set of 18" S001 tyres for an SV6 ute for about $1,100.
What sort of comm have you gottem on ?

I had the Maxxis MA-Z1s before them, nice tyre, but my local said they got invited to a track day by the Bridgestone rep for the new S001's and got to flog the **** out of them in some nice cars. They said the tyres were excellent. So I got a set.

I got 235/40/18s on my VX Berlina.

The S001s also come stock on the Audi RS5, Aston Martin Rapide, and the Ferrari 458 Italia, so they can't be that bad.

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
I've done 10000 k's on my Pirelli Zero Nero's and they look as good as the day they went on. Can't remember what I paid for them though

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
I've done 10000 k's on my Pirelli Zero Nero's and they look as good as the day they went on. Can't remember what I paid for them though

I've heard the Neros have a very low age due to the soft compound? Anybody else hear this or experienced it. I've been offered a second hand 90% pair of Neros in 235/35/19 and a pair of rossos in 255/30/19 from bob Jane for $750 aligned. I've actually seen better reviews from the rosso tyre.

Would love to know about this tyre because that's damn cheap lol, if not I'll be getting a set of contis.