Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new potenza re002

steen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Maybe look at the Potenza S001's, I got them, love them. That way you can still get the deal.
Did that myself yesterday & picked up 4x S001 235/45R17 for the price of three. $225 vs $205 for the RE002 was no contest for the Jap made tyre. The RE002 is made in either Indonesia or Thailand depending on size. The car had stock OE RE030 (~55000k). Here's a pic:

Tyre roar is now gone. Tyres are still green, but initial turn in is excellent. No tramlining. Smooth on the freeway. Rear doesn't step out. The other car has Jap made RE001 (these have a bit more initial scrub than the Aus made version). They are a little more vague initially and seem a bit more floaty by comparison. Both cars VZ SV6. Can't attest to wet performance yet, but this is where I expect much better performance. RE050 has also been good for me. VE 6.0l Calais. 30000k & still ~4mm to the wear bars, else I would've gotten another set of S001.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Did that myself yesterday & picked up 4x S001 235/45R17 for the price of three. $225 vs $205 for the RE002 was no contest for the Jap made tyre. The RE002 is made in either Indonesia or Thailand depending on size. The car had stock OE RE030 (~55000k). Here's a pic:

Tyre roar is now gone. Tyres are still green, but initial turn in is excellent. No tramlining. Smooth on the freeway. Rear doesn't step out. The other car has Jap made RE001 (these have a bit more initial scrub than the Aus made version). They are a little more vague initially and seem a bit more floaty by comparison. Both cars VZ SV6. Can't attest to wet performance yet, but this is where I expect much better performance. RE050 has also been good for me. VE 6.0l Calais. 30000k & still ~4mm to the wear bars, else I would've gotten another set of S001.

I love these tyres, act beautifully in the wet, and in the dry.