Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Sony head unit wont turn on after installation in VS Commodore?

NitroAl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX box of bolts
When i did mine i got one of them plugs, but i had to cut off the plug that goes to the head unit as it didnt fit, perhaps he has the same problem with SONY?

I just installed a Sony XAV64BT in my VX and had to do the same as you but the sony plug matched the autobarn patch lead colour for colour!

Phil0166442
Did you patch in with the battery connected and blow a fuse? When you get frustrated it is easy to overlook the simple things!

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Just a thought, check resistance between shell of HU and chassis. if you mis-matched the earth wire, that could be your problem. these days it takes me half hour to 45 mins to install a new HU to cars. just recently upgraded mums and her friends HU in their landcruisers. no plug and no wiring diagram. as has been mentioned above, go to ripco or the cheap bastards and get a $10 multimeter. best investment. with my mums cruiser someone had wired constant and acc to the acc wire in the car. had to figure out that the fuse under the bonnet was blown. test test test is the key. take photos and post them up for us to see your work