Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE SV6 II... opinion on wheel size and style

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
20's = ideal.. i used to have 22s on my car.. not very practical and rough as guts, probably because they use an elastic band for tyres on the ve.. but im gonna have to disagree with tin about them looking silly.. heres an example on a fellow jc members car, and i think they look like sex!!!

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
i used to have 22s on my car.. not very practical and rough as guts

thats pretty much the main thing, i dont want the car riding like ****, and im hoping 20"s dont alter the ride to much from the 18"s, but ye 22"s i could imagine its shithouse, and then theres the legalities, 4"s bigger then stock is illegal is it not? i dont know all the specifics.

well i think its a pretty clear cut vote for 20"s, dont think anyone has said go the 22"s, which suits me fine! ;) now i just need the cash :p

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
to me, 22s look silly. They're too big. 20s are ideal.

The other thing to consider is that 22s won't hold tyres with the right load rating, without going over the allowable 15mm rolling diameter variance.

THIS

20's = ideal.. i used to have 22s on my car.. not very practical and rough as guts, probably because they use an elastic band for tyres on the ve.. but im gonna have to disagree with tin about them looking silly.. heres an example on a fellow jc members car, and i think they look like sex!!!

I disaggree that ute looks silly, those rims are too big, they look good on the back but just strange on the front. 22's don't belong on 4x4's let alone cars.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I really like MetalPledge's ute - but I do think the wheels are too big - would definitely have looked better with those wheels in 20s, like on SYCO's sedan - and I won't go into my feelings on the walky bonnet. But it is a very tidy ute.

Edit. SYCO is no more. Try RUF-60L - I'll get that one day!

xerxes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II
hey mate appreciate the comment :)
i hope to sell the standards but i dnt think i have the option anytime soon :(

xerxes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II
nice ride!!! i like the rims, but not exactly what im looking for, i want something thats more full, so to say, if that makes sense lol

xerxes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II
well guys thank you all for your input, i have looked at all the rims you guys put up, and some of them are very nice!!
though i have to say, i gotta hold back on the rims, as i added the option of leather seats with protection for the seats and paint, which set me back a good $3k... now rims gotta wait till i get me some more cash lol p.s they said i shoud have the car in a week, so i'll put up some pics of it :)

05LVH

Reaction score
Members Ride
5L VH/ V6 VE
22's mate, the right wheel and they look fat.
I had 20's on mine and changed to 22's, wifes everyday driver, rides nice and no complaints. Tyres are $320 ea, but price is falling fast by the day.
20's just dont fill the wheel arches in my opinion.
mine is also on ultra lows.

20's
IMG_4480.jpg

22's
IMG_5269.jpg