Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nic's Good Ol' 5.7Litre

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Sweefu, that looks good, can it be as simple as drilling a hole and putting them in, or would they need to be angled and some fibreglassing involved?

There isn't enough room behind the A pillar trim to fit the tweeter, so it would have to come out a bit, probably a 9mm mdf ring would be enough. If you wanted you could cut the hole, test fit the tweeter and glue the ring in place, then use some filler / glue to fill the gap, sand it and trim it. Even with the tweeters firing straight across the dash your sound stage should be improved from tweeters in stock locations.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Ive heard nothing but good things about hifonics, they are really cheap too, im looking at getting the brs1200.1d for my subs, gonna be ordering it next few days along with some speakers, buying gear from over seas is so much better then buying in Australia

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
There isn't enough room behind the A pillar trim to fit the tweeter, so it would have to come out a bit, probably a 9mm mdf ring would be enough. If you wanted you could cut the hole, test fit the tweeter and glue the ring in place, then use some filler / glue to fill the gap, sand it and trim it. Even with the tweeters firing straight across the dash your sound stage should be improved from tweeters in stock locations.

So, what about some carpet or wrapping around the A pillars ? Those Tweeters look a bit big for the factory location lol.

Ive heard nothing but good things about hifonics, they are really cheap too, im looking at getting the brs1200.1d for my subs, gonna be ordering it next few days along with some speakers, buying gear from over seas is so much better then buying in Australia

Agreed.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
So, what about some carpet or wrapping around the A pillars ? Those Tweeters look a bit big for the factory location lol.

Yeah, you'd need to trim them in something. I like Vinyl, grille cloth or the headlining material for A pillars personally.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
I don't know what i should do first, car audio or extractors/cats. I am still planning the audio setup and do want to do it right the first time.

Does anyone know a decent set from eBay? for a good price of course.