Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nissan to join V8 supercars 2013

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It's not what it was about originally is what I'm trying to get across. It was originally set up to be race on Sunday sell on Monday. Now it has gone in a completely different direction. You thought damn that car was quick I want one. Now it's oh look that car one meh.

The old Win on Sunday adage hasn't worked anywhere in the world save euro exotica way beyond the reach of the average joe in decades for any market of the world.

Reaper

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
It's not what it was about originally is what I'm trying to get across. It was originally set up to be race on Sunday sell on Monday. Now it has gone in a completely different direction. You thought damn that car was quick I want one. Now it's oh look that car one meh.

Yeah because the cars they used to race in were exactly the same as the one you could buy in the showroom

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Yeah because the cars they used to race in were exactly the same as the one you could buy in the showroom

Ok - lets be real here. The last time you could do that was a VL Group A. Even that wasn't *exactly* the same. They ran significantly different engine internals and brakes. VK same. Before then you have to scroll back to a L34 LH Torana which was as close as you got save slick tires and a bs oil cooler to get extra capacity into the oil system so they didn't keep grenading motors!

Reaper

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
To you and I yes we know all about the sport and the cars, but Joe blow who changes the channel to v8 supercars thinks they are really Holdens and Fords and OH NO THE JAPS ARE BACK!!, even after Larko has explained every bloody week that they are 5 litres he wont listen (he probably went to grab another beer or turn the snags) and he and his non car fan mates will still think they are 6.0L and 5.4L and they are similar to roadcars.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
The safety car is on track so often these days I am surprised it hasn't gained points in the championship.

Hemiway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
the classics and GT3 cars at bathurst were waaaay more entertaining then the V8s anyway (from when i went)

good to see more groups.
now if only the dodge charger. and chrysler 300 would join the tables.....
now that would be more interesting.

and if only they could use the v8s in them that are in the everyday version. (like the v8 utes do)

Gary Rodgers Motorsport is in talks whit Chrysler about using the 300C

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Just heard Todd Kelly on SEN radio talking about the partnership with Nissan. He said unlike the Holden/Fords which are purpose built race block/heads the nissan will use Japanese production car Block/heads to build their race engines. He didn't mention capacity, pushrod/OHC, or which V8 they're going to use but either way it will be interesting to see if they can compete with the existing engines

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
There will be extensive testing and development of the new cars to try and make them similar in speed, grip, aero and laptimes to the current mob. This is a very long process as you might well imagine. Its great to see Chrysler coming back as well, I wonder if it'll be the Charger and what engine they will be running.

A likely candidate from Nissan 2013 Altima?

2013-nissan-altima-6.jpg

Or a facelifted Infinity G37 sedan which is also likely to be sold here?

2011-infiniti-g37-sedan-5_653.jpg

Last edited:

stuntman mike

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
I wonder if Nissan realise that the rules are the same for everybody, this time!!
Last time they entered (& nearly ruined) Aussie touring car racing, they had a purpose built race car & ran it against actual family cars (yes, they really were at that time) with a roll cage bolted in. No wonder they wiped the floor with the opposition, there simply wasnt any opposition. Gotta give them credit for brilliantly exploiting the rules of the time though.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Here is a more in depth write up in the situation.

Sounds like Nissan will be driven by the Rick and Todd Kelly, The car will be powered by a Nissan V8.

The Ricer boys will be spewing :D