Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nissan to join V8 supercars 2013

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I'm glad to see more makers join up.. Holden and ford was boaring. They looked the same and just about everything is the same.. It will bring more teams and more $$ to the sport.. I say the more the merrier.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I'm going to say this one last damn time. THE CAR'S WILL BE THE SAME. It will soon be Car of the Future which runs pretty much control everything. The only difference will be the badge on the front. They will not bring back the GTR. They will all run the same engine just about. Nothing is changing.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
I'm going to say this one last damn time. THE CAR'S WILL BE THE SAME. It will soon be Car of the Future which runs pretty much control everything. The only difference will be the badge on the front. They will not bring back the GTR. They will all run the same engine just about. Nothing is changing.

People want to see close racing thats what brings in the crowds... F1 realised this hence KERS and DRS... NASCAR everyone has the same basic stuff

V8 supercars cant afford to be the next F1 where the team with the most money builds the best cars so they copy NASCAR... everything these days is run by accountants anyway so no one should be that surprised about COF

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON

agreed, its just going to be a case how much money the manufacturers are willing to throw around to get the best car/and driver/s

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
agreed, its just going to be a case how much money the manufacturers are willing to throw around to get the best car/and driver/s

That's the thing there isn't a best car. They are all the same. It's just a different sticker kit between the manufacturers.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Don't see whats wrong with keeping it just Holden and Ford.
I know the Jap fan boys has flown off their tree about it, ohhh no its Gozjilllaaaaa.

Godzilla will never happen again. They have to use V8s.

But its all about marketability. Nissan gets some other fans on board, more money in their pockets. Even though itll barely be a nissan.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
That's the thing there isn't a best car. They are all the same. It's just a different sticker kit between the manufacturers.

But isn't that a good thing? If the cars are all the same, then it all comes down to the driver, the strategy and the pit crew.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
But isn't that a good thing? If the cars are all the same, then it all comes down to the driver, the strategy and the pit crew.

It's not what it was about originally is what I'm trying to get across. It was originally set up to be race on Sunday sell on Monday. Now it has gone in a completely different direction. You thought damn that car was quick I want one. Now it's oh look that car one meh.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
the classics and GT3 cars at bathurst were waaaay more entertaining then the V8s anyway (from when i went)

good to see more groups.
now if only the dodge charger. and chrysler 300 would join the tables.....
now that would be more interesting.

and if only they could use the v8s in them that are in the everyday version. (like the v8 utes do)