Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nissan to join V8 supercars 2013

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
GRM have been in talks with Chrysler to run a 300C :shooting:. NFI what Nissan would run.

Reaper

####, that's ambitions.. their aerodynamics department will have a tough ask getting that thing moving.
Facing-Brick_large.jpg

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Nissan are running an all new secret American made car. Yeh the 300c would be pushing alot of air, mind you the front of a VE commodore is rather beefy too.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
i wonder if something like Lexus would also be joining.
4 door sedan, with a v8.
maybe even mercs? or would that be a bit too one sided =P

i dont see whats so wrong with a bit of variety.
and i bet mark skaife wants the nissan back to see it win again like how he did with it.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Ok - lets be real here. The last time you could do that was a VL Group A. Even that wasn't *exactly* the same. They ran significantly different engine internals and brakes. VK same. Before then you have to scroll back to a L34 LH Torana which was as close as you got save slick tires and a bs oil cooler to get extra capacity into the oil system so they didn't keep grenading motors!

lol i was being sarcastic

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
The safety car is on track so often these days I am surprised it hasn't gained points in the championship.

wont matter this year cause its a gtr now... sex on the track

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
There will be extensive testing and development of the new cars to try and make them similar in speed, grip, aero and laptimes to the current mob. This is a very long process as you might well imagine. Its great to see Chrysler coming back as well, I wonder if it'll be the Charger and what engine they will be running.

A likely candidate from Nissan 2013 Altima?

2013-nissan-altima-6.jpg

From what I understand it's the Altima which will replace the Maxima in Australia.

Just another few whispers of names....... Mercedes Benz and Hyundai. True and from some very well placed sources. :eek:

Reaper

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
no ricers with hair dryers hanging off the side, just cubic inches or litres in a dinosaur pushrod set up.sounds good to me!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
no ricers with hair dryers hanging off the side, just cubic inches or litres in a dinosaur pushrod set up.sounds good to me!

Actually it's about cost containment - Cheap, more or less bulletproof off the shelf motor that doesn't rev hard, that is by modern standards around mid range capacity. Multiple cams/3/4/5 valve heads etc etc does not necessarily mean good. Case in point - the DOHC POS in BA-F Falcons. All round epic failure of a motor but had all the right badges for marketing dept.

Reaper