Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nitrous Question

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
as a little safety device, add a fuel pressure switch into the main arming circuit for the NOS, that way if there are ever any fuel pressure issues you won't be melting pistons and blowing engines etc. also an extra fuel filter before the fuel solenoid to prevent fuel blockages there also

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
yeah, a pressure switch woiuld be the go. but i don't see the need for the filter, but it would be a good safety option i spose. can also get nitrous filters too.
nitorus is so easy to hook up. there is nothing to it.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
yeah, a pressure switch woiuld be the go. but i don't see the need for the filter, but it would be a good safety option i spose. can also get nitrous filters too.
nitorus is so easy to hook up. there is nothing to it.

no nitrous just makes you slow at the track, no fuel and a blown engine will have people laughing everywhere. fuel problems are a lot more serious the nitrous flow problems. a little money now will save your engine and pocket later. you can also get nitrous filters, most kits actually come with little brass fitting with a fine mesh screen thats fitted before the solenoid(a contaminated seal in a nitrous solenoid can leak causing you to loose your intake manifold when you crank your engine over to start it). i've got the larger NOS line filters as extra security and fuel filters also but i'm shooting for over 250hp nos shots on the V8 so i'm making sure everything is ok whe ni push that button

cracker

Reaction score
$140 to fill the smallest bottle they sell nitrous in and $12 a month for bottle hire

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
$140 to fill the smallest bottle they sell nitrous in and $12 a month for bottle hire

is that BOC. they are rip off pricks.. we have trouble with them overcharging us all the time.. it would work out cheaper owning your own bottle and getting it filled

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
I suspect that VRV666 still doesn't have a definite answer to his original Q. Holley/NOS has an online technical information service which would be able to provide an answer, both specific to NOS systems and to other brands. I suspect that substituting a 'Fogger' nozzle and the appropriate jets will work, as the same solenoids, fuel and N2O (there is more than one type of each), are used in both types of systems.

Also, the NOS installation manuals (other brands too) are available as PDF, which would be worth looking at, not least to compare what is in the kit being looked at (to help ID it in the first place) and what would be purchased given a free choice.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
all i used is solenoids off a fogger plate. i spose i should have said that straight out..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol...its all i can say.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
So defa who set your computer up to run the dry kit & how did you signal the pcm that you were spraying ?