Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nitrous Question

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i ran a 50 hp jet. i did nothing to the computer. i was told the computer would give the motor enough fuel with just a 50 hp jet. i would not run a dry setup again. wet would be the go. even though it is hooked up on my car it i haven't tested it yet. i still have little bugs to fix with the turbo setup before i go using nos. it was NA when i used the dry setup.
i don't know what you mean by pcm?

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
i ran a 50 hp jet. i did nothing to the computer. i was told the computer would give the motor enough fuel with just a 50 hp jet. i would not run a dry setup again. wet would be the go. even though it is hooked up on my car it i haven't tested it yet. i still have little bugs to fix with the turbo setup before i go using nos. it was NA when i used the dry setup.
i don't know what you mean by pcm?

It would be interesting to see if the computer added enough fuel with no specific tune as there would only have been a intake temp & pressure variation to adjust it. The fact you said that you couldnt feel a difference tells me that it didnt.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Lol if your paying more than $110 for a 10 pound bottle your getting ripped off majorly. Sould be $10 per pound with gst. If they dont freeze your bottle before they fill, your getting less than your 10 pound worth. You can squeeze 13 pound in a 10 pound bottle very safely.
Sure you can remap the comp but also take into acount the ignition side of things. Your have to retard your timing by one degree per 10hp by memory. Get yourself a filter, bottle pressure gauge, fuel gauge and a thermatic heat blanket (Pricey). Very easy to change the carby setup to efi. Ill be doing this at one stage.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
well i could feel that the nos was making more power. i just didn't think it was enough to worry about. then there was someone else on this forum who used a 50 hp wet kit and they said the extra fuel made a big difference. i would say the computer wasn't keeping up, that would be why i wasn't getting much more power.
that is why i was saying to stay away from a dry kit. vrv666 is doing stuff to his car on a budget and i am thinking he doesn't want to do anything to the computer???

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i have never paid that much for nos. that is what i was quoted... i have only ever bought a bottle from a swap meet.. where do you get your nos filled dan355???

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Im in Adelaide. So i use to get my bottle filled from Outlaw Speed Shop in town. Could also try OG speed shop but not sure what their price is.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i might look them up next month when i goto adelaide if i have the cash