Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No chat of Bathurst 2019 WTF?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I only watch Bathurst now just for the thrill not because of the fake badge on the cars, its neither a ford or Holden, they are a 300k+ race car with a shell over it, anyway Whincup should of stayed out and not of taking the splash of fuel he could of won it but I suppose he wasn't to know another safety car was going to happen, that's racing good luck to the young man he has had a gr8 year and deserved the win.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
From the Ford Forum

STEWARDS SUMMARY OF JUDICIAL OUTCOMES Document 44
P a g e | 2 INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY – NO REGULATORY VALUE
After the Race the Stewards determined to conduct an inquiry into the incident on Laps 134-135 during the Safety Car deployment when the gap between Cars #17 and #12 increased significantly to the disadvantage of all Cars behind Car #12 because they were concerned that the incident may have been the result of Racing Team (Aust) Pty Ltd having issued an instruction to the Driver of Car #12 to slow and create an unwarranted large gap between Cars #17 and Car #12 for tactical reasons.
Rule D24.1 prohibits Team Orders and provides that an instruction to a Driver or Team member, either verbal or otherwise the effect of which may interfere with a race result is a Team Order.
After the Race Director announced the Pit Lane drive through Penalty on Car #12, the Stewards noted on broadcast footage an interview by a Supercars Media commentator of the Authorised Representative of Racing Team (Aust) Pty Ltd, Mr Story, during which Mr Story was invited to explain the reason why the gap between Cars #17 and #12 had been so large and whether it was the result of a ‘plan’. While denying that suggestion, the response of Mr Story and the extraordinary increase in the gap between Cars #17 and #12 during the SC deployment caused the Stewards to hold concerns that Rule D24.1 may have been breached.
Following the Race the Stewards summonsed the Authorised Representative of Racing Team (Aust) Pty Ltd, the Driver of Car #12 and Car #12’s engineer to a Hearing and requested that the DRD obtain a recording of the radio communications between Car #12 and Car #12’s engineer during the SC deployment. That Hearing commenced at 2000hrs on Sunday 13 October. After interviewing Mr Story, the Driver of Car #12 and Car #12’s engineer, and reviewing Hawk Eye footage of the incident, including in-Car footage from Car #12, the interview of Mr Story and Supercars telemetry data for Car #12, the Stewards, while making no findings, determined that the evidence was sufficient to call upon Racing Team (Aust) Pty Ltd to answer whether it breached Rule D24.1 and recommended to the DRD that he consider laying a charge of a breach of that Rule. The DRD having determined to lay such a charge, and the Authorised Representative of Racing Team (Aust) Pty Ltd having explained that he required an opportunity gather and present evidence in defence of that charge and the DRD having sought an opportunity to secure further evidence, the Stewards closed the Inquiry at 2210hrs. The charge will be heard by a panel of Stewards prior to the commencement of track activities at the forthcoming Gold Coast 600. In the circumstances, the Classifications for Race 25 remain Provisional.
The Stewards re-iterate that no findings have been made against Racing Team (Aust) Pty Ltd at this stage and the Driver of Car #12 is not accused of any breach of the Rules beyond the breach of Rule D10.2.2.3 for which a Pit Lane drive through Penalty was issued during the Race and was served.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I watched the race, it's the only race I watch all year but not with the same enthusiasm as previous years, ever since they went to the new chassis/rules really. Like others, I'd much rather see the old bangers GRP 3/GRP A cars running around as these were much more entertaining.

Team DJR Penske were very naughty and IMHO definitely effected the outcome of the race and as such need to be penalised. A later interview from Rodger Penske was rather blatant that at the end of the day they achieved the desired result and the rest is history also suggests it was very deliberate and deserves punishment .

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I feel sorry of Coulthard in this, he's the patsy as it's definitely a team instruction.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Was actually a surprisingly good race considering. Like most I only watch bathurst these days. Still not impressed with Penskes holding up the field. Basically allowed 17 & 888 to get a pitstop without losing any track position. That and all the morons all over facebook raving about crap does my head in. Shame for Golding too he had a very good drive up until the wheel vibration which threw him way back.

Sadly though the sport will be dead in a few years, I went to Bathurst last year and I seriously struggled to see anyone under the age of 35 that wasn't a kid there with their parents. The sport has gone well out of its way to not be appealing or easy to follow/watch and has clearly done a horrible job of brewing new younger fans too. Really is a shame, as I used to follow every round fairly closely up until the age of 17 or so. Now If I watch any round other than Bathurst I'm doing well.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Spot on, the only reason I watch is because we get Sky TV for free, I certainly wouldn't pay to watch it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Spot on, the only reason I watch is because we get Sky TV for free, I certainly wouldn't pay to watch it.

Certain marquee races are on FTA here with the rest on Fox.....Murdoch ain't gettin' any of my hard earned. This aspect contributes to my loss of interest.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
One of the main things that has made me uninterested in the whole series. That an the sheer cost of attending a race meeting as a spectator, luckily thorough my various jobs I normally make it to one or two rounds a year still, but certainly wouldn't be going if I had to pay the $80+ or whatever it is these days to get in. Things like this drives people away from the sport and it needs to change, soon there will be more people in the corporate tents (with no interest in the racing) than punters trackside....