Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No chat of Bathurst 2019 WTF?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
One of the main things that has made me uninterested in the whole series. That an the sheer cost of attending a race meeting as a spectator, luckily thorough my various jobs I normally make it to one or two rounds a year still, but certainly wouldn't be going if I had to pay the $80+ or whatever it is these days to get in. Things like this drives people away from the sport and it needs to change, soon there will be more people in the corporate tents (with no interest in the racing) than punters trackside....

Not unlike other pro sports.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It was much better on Fox no ads and in HD. Bathurst is just a 4 day getaway to get pissed and let go, not really family friendly environment.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
When GM left town i lost total interest - have not watched Bathurst or any V8SC since VF left the building.

I hate the ZB and don't want to look at it for an entire day or cheer it on (yes i know it's not the road car) but just seeing it reminds me of how depressing it is that GM-H is dead.

The shine is completely gone. Holden is gone, RIP the great race.

hear ya....!
TCM and other stuff for me (but NOT them stupid trucky things.. they are a joke)

Even the 12 hour events at Mt Panorama provide more in the way of proper motorsport
than plastic covered sports sedans masquerading as Mustangs or Commonwhores

ppl says these Supercar drivers can really drive... well give 'em a manual 4 speed synchro
box (none of the balanced transaxle crap) in car with little or NO areo and then lets see if they
can drive a great race.

ps... Anyone notice how little aero TCM cars have.. and oh, just how much quicker they are than
Supercars?

My 2c

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Not unlike other pro sports.
Yeah this is true.
It was much better on Fox no ads and in HD. Bathurst is just a 4 day getaway to get pissed and let go, not really family friendly environment.

I dunno about that, I went last year (camping, trackside) and seemed very family friendly compared to the stories I'd always heard. Did a track walk on Friday night and expected to see all kinds of antics, but nothing. Just a few people like us walking the track. Did discover though, I get good economy, 6 Canadian Clubs to a lap.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
So next year will only be Mustang vs Commodore at this stage and more than likely Garry Rogers exiting also. Wow series is really go gang busters!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The race, and what it is now still rides heavily on what it was built on.

The basic accessibility to the race for spectators, the cars used were what average Aussies could buy. It was raw. It meant something to people.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
So next year will only be Mustang vs Commodore at this stage and more than likely Garry Rogers exiting also. Wow series is really go gang busters!
Yeah, finally collapsing. About time.

Problem is I'm seeing a category being lined up called 'Touring Cars' that is only 2ltr turbo fwd. They've even ripped half a Subaru apart to *make* it fwd.

I much prefer some Improved Production or similar.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I quite like the look of the TA2 racing series seeing as the V8 supercars are pretty much irrelevant to our road cars now. The cars look awesome (a mustang that looks like a mustang) sound touch and go pretty well too. The series is competitive and fairly cheap for teams to get into, everything the V8 supercars isn't.

Ta2.jpg

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
So it appears Fabian Coulthard has received a time penalty added to his finish time going from 6th place to 21st (last of the finishing cars) and it looks like the team got a points penalty of 360 points.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
So it appears Fabian Coulthard has received a time penalty added to his finish time going from 6th place to 21st (last of the finishing cars) and it looks like the team got a points penalty of 360 points.
Probably about the fairest result the stewards could come up with under the circumstances. Feel a bit sorry for Fabs but also unfair that those he held up didn't get a fair chance.