Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no injection pulse

C

calais man

hi ppl, i hav just put a vn v8 in my vk. i hooked up the wiring and had spark but no injection pulse. tryed o dizzy out of a running car no different, tryed a computer still no different, finally i tryed a module still no good. rang a auto elec does not want to touch tred another same thing. can any 1 help.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Been here just beat this problem on my car :)

OK how this all works is the centre pin on the dizzy is the output for the hall effect, while cranking the engine over you should have +4.65V being output, if the hall effect is stuffed it will be around +2.5v this is enough to get your ignition excited but not your ECU for the injector pulse.

Also make sure when the ignition is on you have +12v to each wire on the injector leads, if not check your EFI relay.

Also make sure you have all your earths connected, including the one on the rear of the LH head.

Also as a note the VNs and some early VPs run a different dizzy to the rest of the EFI V8s. The VN should have a blue plug on the dizzy if you have drive one from a later engine it will have a black plug, your wiring harness plug wont/shouldnt fit into the later model dizzy though.

What does your check engine light tell you?

What fuel pressure have you got prior to cranking over the engine?

Try these for starters, if no success le tme know I have all the factory manuals and diagrams for the engine.

C

calais man

i tried the centre pin and it is 4.65v. the check light displays code 12 which i think means sys ok. all earth r hooked up. im still dumb founded about what to do. there is power both sides of injectors. there is apx 320kpa fuel pressure. is the oil presure switch have anything to do with the pulse as it is bypassed, what i was told is the oil pressure only cuts off fuel pumps but not sure. :b:

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I would be hooking up the oil pressure switch just in case,

Sounds like your dizzy & ignition module is fine,

Next I would be checking your EFI relay, I will post a good wiring diagram to try to help trace the fault.