Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Insurance.. Accident

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
i had a truck go from te slow lane across my lane and do a big u turn , he didnt look and i skidded into his rear . i had a bull bar that saved me and i didnt take it further due to bugger all damage. i had a smash where sumone hit my rear, they were hammering it around a corner and got me when i pulled out in front. no matter how much i said the other guy was speeding still went in his favour. he was about 20 kms over the limit and he didnt even break

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
So you are saying to withhold info to the police(im sure they will ask many questions about the accident),then you are saying i should lie also?Im sure your father wouldn't like this type of advice coming from you.
Ado, its too late for a collision that has already happened. Although, if your lucky you still could win, provided you have lots of pictures, but i can't see many police members wanting to investigate a collision when it's past and all cleared.

In this situation if you had called the police and they came and if they asked you the speed you were doing, you say 80, no matter what. I understand you'd be under stress and shock, but this helps, you can lie and get away with it easier because a person in shock is different to a normal state. And effects different people differently.

Do not withold any information to the police, provided you weren't goign 15-20km/h over the limit, you can get away with saying you were doing the limit. You are still not lying about the main fact that the other driver didn't give way to traffic! Dont lie about that and you'll be fine.

As for the father comment, my dad's dead, so i'm pretty sure he wont mind about the advice i'm giving. And this advice is backed up by a friend who has investigated many major collisions. Since i mentioned him, if you have a major sort of collision and even if it is your fault, do NOT say anything. If police attend say that you dont feel right [even if you do]. Even sit down on the grass and hold your head if you have to. An ambo will be called, TAC will pay for that and you'll be away from the scene and gives you time to get out of shock and then you can answer questions later when your thinking clearly. Many police members take advantage of people being in shock to get admissions whether they're true or not. Simple way to close a case. If a police isn't there and a driver or witness is pushing, again use the same tactic, but call an ambo yourself or get someone else to. Bottom line is, get away from the scene, let the towies deal with the vehicles and do not say anything.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
The police are public servants. In other words, you call them, as long as there's a free officer they come. All you tell them is there's been a collision, dont tell them the severity. Say your in shock too and you want the police there to sort everything out. Or follow what is written in the next paragraph.

They attended my collision (my car was a write off) and other car just had a bent in front end. All that had to be said was, we arn't moving the vehicles until the police arrive. Mind you, i had no choice in moving my vehicle or not, without external help it was going no where.

I have seen plenty of police down here in vic investigating small collisions.

Last time I had a bingle I called the police, was told they don't attend accidents unless a tow truck or ambulance is required, or there is suspicion a driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If I wanted a police report I'd have to go to the local station and make a statement.

Fair enough I think, in the scheme of things its a waste of police resources to go to each and every fender bender.

This is in NSW. Not sure what the policy is in other states.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Last time I had a bingle I called the police, was told they don't attend accidents unless a tow truck or ambulance is required, or there is suspicion a driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If I wanted a police report I'd have to go to the local station and make a statement.

Fair enough I think, in the scheme of things its a waste of police resources to go to each and every fender bender.

This is in NSW. Not sure what the policy is in other states.

Dead right Danja. There are five criteria under which a police officer will attend an accident scene in NSW.

1. Person injured/killed
2. Any vehicle involved is undriveable
3. Property damage other than vehicles (ie, front fence, building, parked car off road etc)
4. Driver under influence of drugs or alcohol
5. Not sure of 5th, but think it's where driver refuses to provide details to other parties.

If none of those criteria are present, you are asked to attend a police station and complete a P5 Motor Vehicle Accident Self Reporting Form as soon as possible after the accident. This applies to each driver involved, not just driver at fault.

Any accident which does meet one or more of the criteria is a P4 accident, which means police attend scene and complete the report.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
OK, well, coming to light of these facts anyone in NSW ignore my advice. Or call for police and ambos and say your not feeling well, obviously there would have to be some force. Just dont get caught doing it. Or you can sabatage your vehicle so it seems undriveable.... e.g. take out major fuses or relays [depending on what your cabin fuse box has].

Having a police attend a collision is much easier. And in victoria there is no P4/P5 ratings. However, if a collision is made instead of filling out a form you should go and provide a statutory declaration of what happened to a local police station. Whether you have insurance or not.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It's going to be **very** difficult to win that one Noy. The best you can hope for is to put a claim into your insurance co and let them chase it. Sounds like not much damage so you might be better off just to get it fixed and move on.

Reaper

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
It's going to be **very** difficult to win that one Noy. The best you can hope for is to put a claim into your insurance co and let them chase it. Sounds like not much damage so you might be better off just to get it fixed and move on.

Reaper

According to Noy, neither he or the guy he hit has insurance.

SWEET VS CAPRICE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CAPRICE
2 reasons you are in the wrong

1 No insurance.
2 You hit his rear end.

Tough really but you hit a car up the bum regardless it is your fault. No insurance it is your fault again.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Ado, its too late for a collision that has already happened. Although, if your lucky you still could win, provided you have lots of pictures, but i can't see many police members wanting to investigate a collision when it's past and all cleared.

In this situation if you had called the police and they came and if they asked you the speed you were doing, you say 80, no matter what. I understand you'd be under stress and shock, but this helps, you can lie and get away with it easier because a person in shock is different to a normal state. And effects different people differently.

Do not withold any information to the police, provided you weren't goign 15-20km/h over the limit, you can get away with saying you were doing the limit. You are still not lying about the main fact that the other driver didn't give way to traffic! Dont lie about that and you'll be fine.

As for the father comment, my dad's dead, so i'm pretty sure he wont mind about the advice i'm giving. And this advice is backed up by a friend who has investigated many major collisions. Since i mentioned him, if you have a major sort of collision and even if it is your fault, do NOT say anything. If police attend say that you dont feel right [even if you do]. Even sit down on the grass and hold your head if you have to. An ambo will be called, TAC will pay for that and you'll be away from the scene and gives you time to get out of shock and then you can answer questions later when your thinking clearly. Many police members take advantage of people being in shock to get admissions whether they're true or not. Simple way to close a case. If a police isn't there and a driver or witness is pushing, again use the same tactic, but call an ambo yourself or get someone else to. Bottom line is, get away from the scene, let the towies deal with the vehicles and do not say anything.

Im sorry for the father comment mate.Please refer to my PM.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Im sorry for the father comment mate.Please refer to my PM.
No problem. I have replied to your PM. For anyone who is wondering, it's all cool and i'm not offended and what not. No action needed against Ado from mods or admins, and posts dont need to be edited.