Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No More Harrier Service At Dealerships?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have ext warranties before. One was useless, it was from a Toyota dealer in St Mary's Adelaide. The things that were covered was like pistons... and rods?? Yet when my head was completely stuffed they said $1500 bucks. Yet we had a warranty at CMI Toyota in South Adelaide and they replaced a whole steering rack at no charge, even though it was not really a major issue as a lot of this model Camry's make the same rubbing sound, when turning the wheel. In the OP's case I thought they would be obligated to meet their part of the contract??

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Anyway, back to RoganJosh's problem; seems to me as though he has paid good money to the dealer for a warranty which that dealer is now refusing to either honour or carry-out the work required that it will be honoured. Am I understanding it correctly - these extra services are needed so that the warranty holds, and you can't get them done at another dealer either because the warranty doesn't allow that? So as a result of their actions it will never be possible to claim on the warranty which has been paid for?
I'd be kicking up a major stink, or demanding at least a partial refund like mwb235 did.

Well outside warranty mate. They will only do log book services, this isn't one of those in the log book.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Oh ... well that's a bit special.
Back to finding another dealer or an independent you trust!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I had a harrier service done about 9 weeks ago. Should read 'over priced' oil change, I didn't realise until I read the papers afterwards. Won't happen again that's for sure.

K-mart tyre and auto charge about $170 for a similar service to what the Op received

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Changed the oil, kicked the tyres and took it for a thrash all for $120. Bargain!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Changed the oil, kicked the tyres and took it for a thrash all for $120. Bargain!

Lightening Lube Launceston do the above here for 79 bucks I'm pretty sure.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

You missed the report on some items, which would account for the price....As they say, time is money

ellisjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Calais 5.7
As per invoice below..
"Minor engine tune"
"Reset timing"
"Adjust fuel/air settings"
"Adjust idle speed"

Are we back in the 1970s? None of these tasks have been necessary for at least 30 years. The ECM is constantly making these adjustments while you drive.

I'm surprised they haven't "Greased ball joints, steering knuckles and wheel bearings"... If they did, they could easily add another 6 line items to your bill... :eek: