Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No power to Stereo or a/c yet fan is working

smutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon, VEV6 6sp ute
Found have a leak in my VE ute and a puddle was behind passenger seat, car was dead flat no power at all when charged up it was a case of stereo and a/c power is gone all together and the fan is going at full speed anyone know of this happening before to anyone?

thanks in advance guys

smut

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
From trying to dechiper your message....
This is what i have come up with.

If your interior fan continues to run at full speed even when the ignition is turned off.
This is likely to be your culprit....

HVAC2.jpg
New HVAC Installed.jpg

And if it is not your problem, try being a little more descriptive and make your posts more readable.

smutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK i got a huge puddle behind passenger seat in the 09 VE UTE and it was found from Battery going dead and even door locks not working upon opening door with key and put key in ignition there were no dash light, interior light or power at all after starting to look at fuses i found the huge puddle behind passenger seat and started to get that out as i was charging the battery when drained down to damp carpet i checked all the remaining fuses and all were fine the ignition lights were now coming on and waited a few hours and tried again yes the car started and all seemed fine until the fan was blowing and the air/c not on and no power to radio after trying all i installed a new radio that was known worker and still nothing changed the HCM was then changed and nothing was different then i tried the disconnect battery trick after an hour it was reconnected and still the same
please someone know what this could be and let me know

smut

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
OK i got a huge puddle behind passenger seat in the 09 VE UTE and it was found from Battery going dead and even door locks not working upon opening door with key and put key in ignition there were no dash light, interior light or power at all after starting to look at fuses i found the huge puddle behind passenger seat and started to get that out as i was charging the battery when drained down to damp carpet i checked all the remaining fuses and all were fine the ignition lights were now coming on and waited a few hours and tried again yes the car started and all seemed fine until the fan was blowing and the air/c not on and no power to radio after trying all i installed a new radio that was known worker and still nothing changed the HCM was then changed and nothing was different then i tried the disconnect battery trick after an hour it was reconnected and still the same
please someone know what this could be and let me know

smut

How about making sentences, using commers and full stops to help seperate this whole bloody mess

As this stands it looks like one complete sentence, which makes it extremely hard to understand what is going on.

Just follow the example of how to make a sentence via this particular post

smutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK i got a huge puddle behind passenger seat in the 09 VE UTE.
It was found from Battery going dead and even door locks not working, upon opening door with key and put key in ignition there were no dash light, interior light or power at all.
After starting to look at fuses i found the huge puddle behind passenger seat and started to get that out as i was charging the battery, when drained down to damp carpet i checked all the remaining fuses and all were fine the ignition lights were now coming on, after waiting a few hours and tried again yes the car started and all seemed fine, until the fan was blowing and the air/c not on and no power to radio, after trying all i installed a new radio that was known worker and still nothing changed
The HCM was then changed and nothing was different then i tried the disconnect battery trick after an hour it was reconnected and still the same
please someone know what this could be and let me know.

smut

sorry but i need answers not elocution lessons

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Have you traced where the water leak came from?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
leave the battery connected. Pull the fuse for the entertainment unit. Leave for a few hours (I left overnight) and put back in. Turn ignition on and it should come on.
In a sedan it’s above the battery in the back. In a ute, I don’t know where exactly but would guess there is a fuse panel somewhere near the battery behind the seat.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
leave the battery connected. Pull the fuse for the entertainment unit. Leave for a few hours (I left overnight) and put back in. Turn ignition on and it should come on.
In a sedan it’s above the battery in the back. In a ute, I don’t know where exactly but would guess there is a fuse panel somewhere near the battery behind the seat.
There is a fuse panel next to the battery in the ute.
It should be Fuse F4 Radio & Infotainment.

smutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
give it a go now guys

smutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK NEW battery, fuse pulled over night and guess what??? NO DIFFERENCE