Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No SCA catalogue for weeks??

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I hope so. I need both Duplicor and GP thinners. Repco had Duplicolor on sale but they only stock about 15 colours and Alaskan White is one they don't stock. Could order it but they charge $10 freight on orders unless its stocked locally.

Repco living upto their reputation I see.....I find it hard to fathom how they can justify charging extra just because a particular colour isn't in stock.....The way I read a sale is, it's X amount for that brand, not add on extra to get a particular colour in....Muther Truckers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah anything they don't regularly stock, which is heaps compared to the mainland gets charged anything up to $15 freight. Plus you have to go in and pay for it before they will get it in. Which is hard when you finish at 5pm and they shut at 5pm.
I've tried calling and paying over the phone because it's a long trip on the weekend if you can't make it during the week but they won't do it, even when they don't stock something that most other stores do keep.

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sydney got a supercheap catalogue in the mail yesterday. Nothing in there I was looking for. Their catalogues have way too much random odd ball stuff in there most of the time and not enough of the core products :(
I mean how many cans of tyre shine so people really want?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Still no email or anything on SCA site saying they have a sale starting tomorrow. I wonder if it's a mainland only thing?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I can't see it on their website up here either. I think it starts tomorrow though. Best thing on the website at the moment is 40% off valvoline engine oils But I just changed mine today with oil from Bunnings, which is the same price as super chips sale, so I don't need more oil.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I changed my oil the other day. Oil will be cheap again within the next three months.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Still no email or anything on SCA site saying they have a sale starting tomorrow. I wonder if it's a mainland only thing?

It shouldn't be, considering they are a nation wide company....Might be worth calling in and having a little beau peep yourself to see if they have a catalogue in store

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II
we received the first SCA catalogue today for months not much in it as per usual

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think the Catalogue sales are pathetic most the time, it's mostly junk. Never what you actually need.

I bulk by oil and filters once a year when it's on sale. I hate having to go get a filter or oil at the last minute.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ordered the thinners but they only had one can of Alaskan, so didn't order that. Have to see if I can order one at the store when I do my click and collect.