Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No trac control button??

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
I have a VT 1998 Berlina without the traction button but trust me it has traction!! the exec's and lower end series I commodores did not have traction all together and if they did they DID they did not have the button. The series II commodore onwards (if it has traction option eg. acclaim calias/berlina) has the switch to disable it.

are you saying that because it wont spin the wheels?i had a vt s1 berlina too and it would not spin the wheels at all (not that i condone doing that) and it most definately did not have traction control, the engine are just not powerful enough to do it.

on another note have you driven a vt on model with actual traction control?

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
98 VT Exec, I assure you, there's no button- nor is there any traction control.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I have a VT 1998 Berlina without the traction button but trust me it has traction!! the exec's and lower end series I commodores did not have traction all together and if they did they DID they did not have the button. The series II commodore onwards (if it has traction option eg. acclaim calias/berlina) has the switch to disable it.

I doubt it has, but to assure yourself why don't you e-mail Holden with the VIN and ask them or get the model number of the ABS unit and check that I think on VT's the treaction control is part of the ABS module where as VY's have a seperate module on the passengess side of the fire wall and if not fitted there are 2 studs sticking out.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
If you have no button, you DONT have trac control.
I have first hand knowledge of it.
Except for the AWD variants, which DEFINITELY have trac control, but definitely don't have a trac off button.

When I use the Cross 6 to do reconnaissance for rallies I remove the ABS fuse to disable the traction control because I find it downright dangerous having ABS and trac on dirt, and NOT having the ability to lock wheels in an emergency situation. That said I'd consider myself an advanced loose surface driver so I wouldn't necessarily recommend everyone disable the ABS and trac off road, but certainly on the road there's no need to disable it unless you're being a DH...

v8superlegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec
i have never heard of there being traction control with no traction control button.... i dnt have one and and i dont have tractions control

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
See if there is a trac off and low trac light on your dash + have you ever put your foot down around a corner and had the car sound like a piece of crap eg, misfire, slow down, lose power if so you would have traction control.

Josheh

Soon to be Boater
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SOLD - VX, Now have MY14 CRUZE
I can confirm this too, I thought I had traction control until I tried that above today and it has no traction control....

I thought it felt like that above like I mentioned in an earlier post, But idk, Maybe i dreampt it or something... Def no traction control haha.

Doesn't really matter though, I didn't realise if i had it or not So doesn't matter much to me.

wicksy

Reaction score
Members Ride
01' Vx Comm
Yea.. had a crack at it and it slides out easily enough..

Brett McRae

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX series 2 S-pack Auto 3.8
it is possibly to have traction control but no button, some ex-company cars are sometimes like that the owner will remove the switch so it is always on and employee's can't go do burnout's

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 One Tonner & LX SL/R 5000
just becuase you weren't given the option to switch it off, do you really think holden would leave out a safety option such as traction control????

Yes! Just like the passenger side airbag was a safety option.

On certain VX models traction control was an option. It all comes down to what you are willing to pay for, not necessarily safety.