Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Non-Olympic Sports

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
How about the Non PC games with events such as dwarf tossing or making the bitch get in the kitchen and baking pie.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
How about the Non PC games with events such as dwarf tossing or making the bitch get in the kitchen and baking pie.

Punt a Gnome....has potential.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
A guy who does card tricks has skill. A computer hacker has skill. A guy who whittles toy cars from blocks of wood has skill.

Do these belong in the Olympics?

I believe the Olympics are all about physical strength and endurance. They are about testing the athletes body, not their equipment. Get rid of the horses for a start.

Any sport in which you are not ready to collapse from physical exhaustion once you have finished should not be in the Olympics.

fyfee

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY II Calais
Any sport where going to the Olympics is not the ultimate goal should be out.

Honestly, name me one tennis player who, when they start, say to themselves 'I want to compete in the Olympic Games'. If you play tennis, you play for Grand Slams, not Olympic berths. Tennis should be out, golf should not be considered.

Soccer is line ball. National teams play for the World Cup, not Olympic gold medals. That probably shouldn't be in there either

Can't think of any others right now...

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L

as long as everyone's drinking... :beer chug:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
A guy who does card tricks has skill. A computer hacker has skill. A guy who whittles toy cars from blocks of wood has skill.

Do these belong in the Olympics?

I believe the Olympics are all about physical strength and endurance. They are about testing the athletes body, not their equipment. Get rid of the horses for a start.

Any sport in which you are not ready to collapse from physical exhaustion once you have finished should not be in the Olympics.

Well said Daks. That was the point of my original post.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I'd get rid of:

-Synchronized swimming
-Walking
-Trampoline
-Butterfly stroke. Is there a more ridiculous way to move through water?
-Half the swimming events, there's just too many variations of the same thing. No need for 50m, 100m, 200m, etc. for every stroke, then relays, and medleys for every distance.
-Boxing

Diving and Gymnastics are boring as batshit but probably need to be kept in there.

BMX is a welcome addition and matchplay golf would rock my world. Wouldn't mind seeing Netball in there either.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
I'd get rid of:

-Synchronized swimming
-Walking
-Trampoline
-Butterfly stroke. Is there a more ridiculous way to move through water?
-Half the swimming events, there's just too many variations of the same thing. No need for 50m, 100m, 200m, etc. for every stroke, then relays, and medleys for every distance.
-Boxing

Diving and Gymnastics are boring as batshit but probably need to be kept in there.

BMX is a welcome addition and matchplay golf would rock my world. Wouldn't mind seeing Netball in there either.

butterfly is the best swimming event because it uses the most energy and it he hardest to do.
Does that mean they should only have the 100m in the athletics?

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
if they are putting golf into the olympics then it should be mini golf hahaha

definitely agree on getting rid of tennis and soccer

also shooting and archery should be just with plain sights... honestly the amount of gadgets they have on those air rifles is stupid let them have a straight 4x32 scope or just go plain old iron sights

rbk_212

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS M6
Walking is ridiculous

its a race in which you're intentionally not allowed to move in a fast manner. Its just stupid.