Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Noob Question.

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
Hey maybe a silly question to some, maybe not.
Growler CAI....
What is it my mate said get one but he talks **** most of the time and i have more trust in you guys haha.
um suited for SIDI? Auto? Sound ok with an exhaust system already??
and is this one worth it>>>>>
VE V6 SV6 SIDI V8 & SS GROWLER Cold Air Intake CAI | eBay
thanks guys any feedback is worthy.

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
yes that is the growler cai he was talking about ... yes you can get them for the sidi (not sure about the 3.0L though but i imagine they would be the same)
are they worth it ...
let me start by saying i have one and i love it ... as for that ... no not really worth it ... if you dont already have an exhaust they add a very nice growl under acceleration ... but once i got the exhause fitted i dont hear it anymore ... however they have been rumoured to increase power by about 10kw's when on a car with exhaust ... i garuntee mine didn't add that much ...

another you should try is the air hammer CAI ... which i know a lot of people rate as better then the ss inductions ... and i know the mace engineering stock one for your car ...

so i hopw that helps ... i dont think they are worth it but i still have one

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
i mean its says upto 12kw's but it doesnt say definate 12kws the increase might be small or u might get a massive increase it depends on what u have and what its works well with it. i have a growler on my old omega and its went alot better then i put an ss exhaust standard of a ve and its as if it lost that growl but it felt faster. i was gonna get a dyno test to see were i was but my bro had an accident in it and it was a write off

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
Thanks for the responses guys, I guess i wont rush into anything yet then maybe just save up and go extractors first.
thanks again