Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

not a happy chap

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
yeah his pretty pissed off, they can be very very agresive little buggers, not that hed be able to do any damage.
Iv been keeping them for years, and breed 2 litters, he would be about 12-18 months old, probley would have been born around march last year.
also im guessing he is what they called a "common" blue tongue
im so sure about 2m long blue tongue though... it would probley eat your dog/cat

yeah excelent spelling mistake by me, i remember probably 10-11 years ago at our old house there was this old blue tounge hanging round it had the worst luck one day dad was mowing the lawn and took off about 2/3rds of his tail and then about a month later dad was out using the whippersnipper and took off one of his back legs accidently of course and he only had one eye from when the cat had a go at him, he was one tough old bugger, bit me on the hand one day hurts a bit and he wasnt keen to let go

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
I thought blue tongue bites are bad - from an infection standpoint ?
There is some truth in that old wives tale.
I was watching a doco on Fox, they said it has only recently been discovered that they are venemous. There are 2 small poison glands at the back of the jaw.
The buggers bite hard too. My 2 Jack russells are always trying to kill them in my yard. If I hear them barking, I run straight out in the yard and can usually save the Bluey from certain death.
Possums drive the dogs nuts at night, and the dogs drive me nuts.:bang:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You have to be carefull mowing :S it's a easy way to depopulate the lizards. I try to do a few flybys in the shorter areas of grass to scare them out first. Once after I mowed I was walking around and went to pull some weeds out from around a plant gaurd/wire and damm near grabbed a huge tiger snake :p nearly had a heart attack then I poked him with a stick but he didn't move. Turned out he got mowed and the other unseen half of him was a bit beat up. I've a picture of some blue tongues hanging off my dads fingers somewhere:p

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
I have a blue tongue that hangs around me and my neighbors houses, hes been lurking our backyards for years, i reckon hes awsome haha!
but my stupid dog attacks him now, every time i see him, i catch him, and chuck him over neighbors fence, otherwise my dog would rip him to shreds

One of the disadvantages of having a dog (or pet), everything is either attacked or scared away, lizards, frogs and especially birds.

In our back yard we have had green tree frogs, normal brown frogs, blue tongues, thousands of those small skink lizards, and also i used to have these rainbow lorikeets i would feed every morning an apple, they would come back every day. but that was ruined the day i got my dog, i kinda miss all that wind life.

I'm not sure if this counts, but i've also got 4 baby Australian bass in my fishtank, they are sweet, i feed them worms and insects. They are very agressive haha and also a very intelligent fish i must say.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah cats and dogs are a no no where I live. None of the neighbours have them really apart from a couple of small dogs, defiantly no cats. it's just not the done thing, someone would knock them off if one did arrive. I have a pet rabbit that roams the house but he never goes outside. Rabbits are good pets :), about the same intelligence as a cat I rekcon don't cause anyone or anything any trouble (alot more affectionate than cats) and much cheaper to feed :)

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
haha funny story about snakes back at our old house we had this old bath tub way down the back upside down sitting there for years dad and i went down there to clean up one day i was only a kid so i was muking around dropping **** in the plug hole i was looking down there and saw something so i got a stick and i was poking i whatever was inside had a weird feel to it so i told dad so he goes over to the bath tub and turns it over(lucky for him back towards himself) and theres this HUGE red bellied black snake coiled up under there, needless to say it was rather pissed off after me chucking rocks at it and poking it with a stick it sorta went to chase dad but by this time dad got the shovel as it came towards him he chopped its head off, it was a huge snake it had a litter of snakes with it most of them got away im not sure how big it was almost as tall as the fence i think i remember dad was holding it where he chopped it off at choulder hieght and its tail was dragging on the ground and it was still wiggling around and the head was snapping every 10 seconds or so... good times

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
eh that's no good red belled black snakes are super passive and very rare :) don't go killing anymore of those. They aren't a very dangerous snake as far as snakes go (wont kill you)

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah im not a fan of killing native wild life but that one was after dad lucky he had the shovel close, dad killed another one here a couple of years ago even tho i told him to ring a snake keeper hes paraniod.... and irish

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
once when i was fishing with my dad about 3 years ago, we were walking in and out of this long dry grass, and in this short grass to my right, what i thought was a hose/pipe, and was going to pick up, was a huge red belly, my addrenaline was through the roof, but i just stood still, it stopped, turned its head, looked at me for ages, (about now i was expecting it to pounce at me and rip my leg to shreds), and turned back, and kept going, he just went about his business again. Quiet a harmless and relaxed animal. he just knew i wasnt a threat.

till that point i thought snakes were, a ruthless, agressive and dangerous animal. just shows they really arn't that bad if not provoked.

cracker

Reaction score
There is some truth in that old wives tale.
I was watching a doco on Fox, they said it has only recently been discovered that they are venemous. There are 2 small poison glands at the back of the jaw.
The buggers bite hard too. My 2 Jack russells are always trying to kill them in my yard. If I hear them barking, I run straight out in the yard and can usually save the Bluey from certain death.
Possums drive the dogs nuts at night, and the dogs drive me nuts.:bang:

thats intresting, iv been bitten loads of times, when they are young eg just born till about 2-3 months they are insane angrey and bite the **** out of everything, also if u catch them off guard they will sometimes bite, but mine are genrally very placid. but never had any infection or anything just hurts because they hate to let go...bastards...