Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NSW bush fires

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Shane Fitsimmios (spelling?) is in charge of the fire fighting efforts. Everyone with an opinion is not helping him.

Kosiosko is overgrowen and dry strikes are forecast for X-mas day, I hope not or canberra will be at risk again. I went for a drive to bed my 4cyl in on Sunday, there was a big sign near the cotter saying Namadji park closed when fire bans are on. That park is wayyyy overgrowen.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
It is plain lazy and stupid leaving too much dry wood as fuel on the ground and then complain of fires.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
It is plain lazy and stupid leaving too much dry wood as fuel on the ground and then complain of fires.
soon as those laws came in everyone said this would happen, so we cant collect wood as it interferes with wildlife but then it causes bushfires and kills the wildlife...

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
"The tourist told 10 News he asked Mr Morrison whether was going home to “resolve the bushfire situation”.

That tourist is a fool.

I'd like them to explain how a PM is going to resolve that situation.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
That tourist is a fool.

I'd like them to explain how a PM is going to resolve that situation.

Leaders do not abandon a crisis

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Leaders do not abandon a crisis
I deal with crisis every day at work. That's what i am employed to do. Do i take leave? Yes Does the crisis occur while I'm on leave? Yes. Do i come back to work early because of a major crisis? Nope, like any leader we have people under us who step up and take the rains while I do what ever i like on my time off. There is little more the PM can do through this crisis even if he was here that the Dep can't do. The Dep can issue more funds and organise more personel, he is delegated to be in charge.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Scomo was just doing an interview in SA, and saying how the ADF are involved with the fire fighting effort. There has also been public comments about why aren’t the ADF fighting the fires …. “they are trained, and have the equipment”….. well, no, they aren’t, and don’t.

I was at a base many years ago that was threatened by a bushfire, (nothing like what is happening now), and we were instructed to get a pair of standard issue woollen gloves, and be prepared to ‘defend’ the base.
So, a couple of hundred of us stood one side of the road, dressed in our normal working gear, resplendent with gloves, and watched as civilians on the other side of the road with proper clothing, water tankers and hoses battled the blaze. What they thought of our state-of-the art firefighting gear and piss-poor preparations is probably unprintable.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
We don't have Leaders, we have politicians....

That's right. We do not have leaders. I have never seen a ballot form at an election booth to nominate a leader either.