Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NU13's Redhot SS

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
No not xforce!!!!!
I just picked up a set of HSV brakes for the SS, pretty stoked about it. looking forward to feeling the difference in stopping

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
No not xforce!!!!!
I just picked up a set of HSV brakes for the SS, pretty stoked about it. looking forward to feeling the difference in stopping

Thats my next upgrade!!! Let us know how the HSV brakes go with the VZ SS.
On the Xforce, my tuner hasn't let me down yet. He says the xforce will brill out the rumble of the cam more and give me another 4kw or so. So stand by for the video ;)

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
Ive just heard some bad reports about Xforce, i was going with one of their systems but got turned off and went with a locally made Manta system. People have complained about fitment issues and poor quality materials being used. I also thought the exhaust note was quite raspy too but hey its your car bro. I'll let you know how they go when i get them fitted, may be a while away tho coz I want new T2/T3 RDA rotors and QFM pads. prob get braided lines too while im at it. however the SS is still hibernating in the carport, been too busy with work and overseas holidays :beer chug:
I dont get too many replies on my threads these days so I havent been on here very often

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Ive just heard some bad reports about Xforce, i was going with one of their systems but got turned off and went with a locally made Manta system. People have complained about fitment issues and poor quality materials being used. I also thought the exhaust note was quite raspy too but hey its your car bro. I'll let you know how they go when i get them fitted, may be a while away tho coz I want new T2/T3 RDA rotors and QFM pads. prob get braided lines too while im at it. however the SS is still hibernating in the carport, been too busy with work and overseas holidays :beer chug:
I dont get too many replies on my threads these days so I havent been on here very often

I for one was and am interested in what you have to say in your thread and posts. When i do the HSV brake upgrade i'll be going for safebrake braided lines for safety purposes.

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
I for one was and am interested in what you have to say in your thread and posts. When i do the HSV brake upgrade i'll be going for safebrake braided lines for safety purposes.

lol cheers bro, at least some one does. I been looking at the same brake lines

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
When i do the HSV brake upgrade i'll be going for safebrake braided lines for safety purposes.

Had them on my old VS wagon with VT-VZ HSV upgrade on front and VN GrpA on rear, gave a really nice firm pedal.
Am about to fit them to my Senator with AP's when I replace my current worn out pads with EBC reds.

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
Nice car mate, bet your loving it even more now its cammed :) I have xforce on my Calais and it fits good, not a v8 but still a twin 2 1/2 inch system, it is quiet loud tho but I like it, can't really comment with sound as it's a 6 and your 8 will deffs be deeper, I think you will be happy with your choice :)

Cheers scott

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I think it's a good i dea. You can never have to much brakes. Call it an investment in your peace of mind.

You can have too much brakes! My VR4 was set up with Evo brembo's. I stopped short, the guy behind me didn't, the car was a write off!