Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nut jamming engine

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
the valves are seated from the underside of the head, if you were to remove your valves it would be very easy as you would have the head off.

voodoo VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
the valves are seated from the underside of the head, if you were to remove your valves it would be very easy as you would have the head off.

If I pull the head off can I get the head out with out pulling the air inlet manifold out ?

I’m looking at $160 for the gasket kit to do air intake $36 for a head gasket if I can get away with doing the one side may come out alright.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
is this a ls1 or a v6 varient ?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If the nut has jammed a valve open, even with the rockers loose, the valve would still be hitting the piston, stopping the engine from rotating. You may have to remove the head, and no, you can't do it with the inlet manifold still attached.

voodoo VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I'm working with a V6 L67 motor.

so we all thinking pull the intake and head off? if im going in there should i do the other side and change that head gasket while im there ??

is it worth looking into a cam to go in now or will the fresh gaskets hold up to the engine being pulled down again? If so, where should i look for one and what would be the go for a stock L67.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A cam is always a good upgrade. I would do both sides while I had it half apart anyway. It depends on your budget now, if you can afford it, do it. Get it tuned while you are at it as well.

voodoo VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
A cam is always a good upgrade. I would do both sides while I had it half apart anyway. It depends on your budget now, if you can afford it, do it. Get it tuned while you are at it as well.

what do you mean get it tuned man ?? as it is now or once its in and running..

i cracked the head off and it fell out as soon as the seal opened did't even get to see the bugger in there but say it was ontop of piston and just fell out.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Good that you got it out.

Tuned as in retune the ECU so that it has more go.