Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NVRAM 11p tuning discussion thread.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I've created this so we can chat specifically about 11p tuning.
As the layout is different to 12p or any other options, please keep it to VR-VS auto with NVram on 11p please (or anything else converted to 11p obviously)

Attachments

• 11P Overview V104.pdf
    499.2 KB · Views: 236

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Currently for easier correction of the VE table I have [pwr] button set for no lean cruise mode and no long/short term fuel trims (blm's??) and when I am up to temp I hit pwr and start logging or live tuning.

I feel that there are still a few factors acting upon the fuel delivery though.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Ooooh I like this thread!

Thats actually a really good way of doing it. To be honest I haven't done too much data logging with mine as I haven't set my wideband up to the ECU as yet, once I do it's going to make things way eaiser.

Currently I read data live from the wideband gauge then pullover and adjust VE accordingly etc. I know my AEM can do a serial input to the ECU, I really should get around to doing it while the cars off the road.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Ooooh I like this thread!

Thats actually a really good way of doing it. To be honest I haven't done too much data logging with mine as I haven't set my wideband up to the ECU as yet, once I do it's going to make things way eaiser.

Currently I read data live from the wideband gauge then pullover and adjust VE accordingly etc. I know my AEM can do a serial input to the ECU, I really should get around to doing it while the cars off the road.
Ahh yes. I forgot about that.
Yeah my innovative WB has output and I wired it to the ECU so datalog contains all the info together. I had to remove the resistor (AEM might not require this depending on signal strength I believe).
On one drive of about 5mins, I pulled over and updated about 20 cells in about 1minute flat using the histogram spreadsheet on excel based on viewed AFR's (didn't even datalog it).
You should definitely spend a half day sorting that before the car is back on the road. (It'll save you lots of time once done)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Yeah sounds like a plan, I'm doing a heap of dash/radio/console wiring tonight in fact so I might start sifting through the manual.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yeah sounds like a plan, I'm doing a heap of dash/radio/console wiring tonight in fact so I might start sifting through the manual.
Even run your output wire down to the ECU area, so it's an easy job to finish once you look up what pin to wire it onto.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
@Deuce Do you happen to have a guide handy from pcmhacking etc on where to solder to etc?

I'm struggling to find it (PCMHacking's search function isn't super useful)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
To add an input on the PCM you just need to add a wire and pin into one of the existing empty pin slots. 11p is already programmed to have the WB sensor input added on pin D8 but you also need to remove the pull up resistor for that input. Info can be found in the 11p overview PDF (page 11).

I've added the 11p overview PDF to the OP.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Thanks Immortality.

My soldering tips shagged out so I think I'll order a replacement fine tip before attempting something that delicate but good to know.

These ECU's are getting near impossible to find cheaply anymore so I don't wanna stuff it :p

Cheers