Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NV's 04 Z Series Clubsport

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
ok so in 6th at what should be 110,,, the clubby actually reads 124,,,, :/
definitely needs doing I think,,, but on a lighter note,, damn it pulls hard in 2nd for an otherwise standard car :))

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Yeah mate definatly get speedo done haha. Glad you like it. Cam next?! Haha

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
well it goes in tomorrow to get the speedo re calibrated to suit the 3.9's.
next performance mod will require the engine to come out so it's safe to say it wont happen for a little while ;)
however the next "overall mod" has already been done, my low beam hid kit arrived today and got fitted straight away,,, safe to say it's great to be able to see where you are driving of a night time ;P lol

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
yayy for more money being swallowed by the never ending chasm that is my clubby,,,,, :/

clutch is just about dead and needs replacing,, and while it and the box are south of where they should be I've decided a gmm ripshifter will be a top add on to help with the issue holden had with snatching 3rd gear,,,,

also thinking about getting a tune, but was wondering if it's possible to just get a mafless flash tune for now instead of going full custom dyno tune,, as it still has standard exhaust, and nothing has been touched with the engine either,,, just gonna run through the standard airbox just unplug the maf for now until I can be arsed getting an otr for it, but at that stage i'll be looking at doing the heads, cam and stroker upgrade, so a full custom tune will need to be done then anyway,,, don't see the point in getting two done

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
My mcloud clutch is great if your looking into them. Bites hard but really easy to drive with. Not to heavy either.

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
cheers andy, but I've already sourced an Exedy HD cushion Button Clutch kit to go into it

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
wooot,

clutch goes in on the weekend, as well as a ripshifter (should be here tomorrow or Wednesday)
then the cam goes in next weekend aswell as new double valve springs and 7.4 pushrods that are yet to be sourced

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Awesome mate! Will be a weapon then

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
just sourced my valve springs and pushrods,
Lunati valve dual valve spring full kit (dual springs, retainers, locks spring seals and valve seals)
and
Trend 1 piece Pushrods, 7.400 long .080 wall 5/16 size

should compliment the
crow cam 232 234 113LSA cam nicely ;P

and also add to the fun given by the new diff gears, heavy duty cushion button clutch and ripshifter

Can't wait

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
well the ripshifter is in and all I can say is,,,, Why did I wait 2 years of owning the car to do this mod... to say im in love with it is a complete understatement, the speed and precision of the shifts is unbelievable,, can't wait to get the new clutch in tomorrow and then the cam in the following weekend