Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NV's 04 Z Series Clubsport

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
not to concerned about fuel usage, i'm FIFO so it's not really a full time daily driver,
plus it will be getting a few other mods engine wise in the not to distant future
but I was thinking 3.9's would be bit better for me personally

te_rarawa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VF SSV Redline
WOW, it's been a while,
Anyway, it's time to make an update, cooling system is completely fixed, 2 rads, a water pump, new hoses, thermostat and all new clamps later,, not sure what caused it but don't really care now that it's done,

Next on the list is to upgrade the headlights, going to be putting HID's in as i'm sick of driving by candle light,
what I need to know is, if I upgrade the H11's in the low beam is it worth upgrading the h9's in the highs and then do I also need to upgrade the fogs (don't really get used that often think they have been on twice in the 2 years I've had the car)

and it's also booked in to get the diff looked at and fixed on Monday, looking at doing a true trac and new gears, old mate recommends 4.11's what kind of difference would that make going from the standard 3.46 ratio?
people seem to like 3.9s better mate. 4.11s would make a big difference just ask jesterats. he had 4.11s in his clubby

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Nice car mate. I baught "jesterarts" clubby off him and trust me 4.11's are great. I do quite abit of freeway driving and it sits at about 2000 revs at 100kms. So still not to bad on fuel.

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
well it got dropped off at boss automotive this morning for graham to work his magic, true trac, 4.11 diff gears and new driveshafts (axles were shagged aswell :/ ) have been ordered, and should have it back by the end of the week
can't wait

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
cheers man, it's pretty much standard atm, apart from the gts rims and half of a straight through exhaust, but get it back on Saturday with the diff gears and true trac, then looking at getting it's 120k service and also dropping the gearbox oil and replacing it with something to help loosen it up,,

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
turns out getting 4.11's is going to take a while, so the decision was made to just throw some 3.9's in and be done with it
can't wait till Saturday, then to put it up on stands and change the gearbox oil and fuel filter and drive it for a while :)

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
3.9's will still make a decent difference. You'll love them. And that's something I need to do, change the gearbox oil quite notchy sometimes

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
3.9's will still make a decent difference. You'll love them. And that's something I need to do, change the gearbox oil quite notchy sometimes

I just put 3.9's in mine. They're ok but a bit too practical for a weekend driver. 1500 on the fwy in 6th. My gearbox Is a bit rough aswell.

Love the clubby man. Those wheels are the best! Best looking rims hsv ever made! Wanna swap for superstores? Haha

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
1500 on the freeway would be nice. Ill swap the supersports :D