Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OEM steering wheel remote wired interface capability

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
yes Luke, for the most they part they will. Any vehicle that sends a data signal to the unit will still require a module. Anything that is simply a voltage of some form will not.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
are getting the unit(clarion) installed this week, and told them I wont be paying unless the steering wheel controls work......will let you know how it goes.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Bad news. On arriving to get the job done, they inform me the clarion wont work without an interface. I negotiate the same unit at a much cheaper price and get it fitted anyway. But alas, i think its a mistake. The blue and red display just looks wrong against the comms green lighting and the unit is way to bright for night driving. It has a dimmer function, but that only changes it by a poofteenth, will need to put smoked glass on it or something.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
they are useless then....it will work. I used one last week! LOL Which Clarion unit was it?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
oh...the 386? nah mate, won't happen... the 586 and 786 is where its at.

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
Just spoke to the Clarion rep and he said there not bringing out those units in australia that have steering wheel control interface built in. You still need the cat-09 or superseeded cat-10 to utilise the steering wheel controls. And those clarion units only work on european vehicles.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
more concerned with the dam brightness of the display. I cant drive the car at night with a dam spotlight on inside the car! and turning it off still has all the dam lights blazing on it, disconnecting the light wire makes it worse!.
This stuff is clearly unsuitable for driving cars at night, and there's no way one can test the units out for this in the shop, they dont even connect the headlight sensors.
The store's excuse.....they are all like that!. Well the fact eurovox wasnt! I was supposedly upgrading! Why wasnt I told they were unsuitable for night use, Ill be seeking a refund: for goods unsuitable for use for which they were sold, it could take a while!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
are you sure it's actually dimming at all?