Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OEM steering wheel remote wired interface capability

slik as

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
I had the same problem with my clarion head unit, it was a bloody nightmare driving at night. ended up having to hang something infront of it to block the light, should have taken it back but sold the car so didn't bother

jarda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I am now working on the same thing..

The head unit is Clarion DXZ389RUSB and it has the OEM steering wheel controls input jack. Are you sure that the signal that the unit expects over this jack is resistence-based and not digital? I cannot find this info anywhere, I've been looking for days.
If anyone can tell me that this is true, I will be very grateful, thanks.

Grange97

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Grange 215i
Cat10

Hi,

I'm also looking to install JVC head unit into 1997 VS, have standard eurovox unit and eurovox stacker.....want to scratch the stacker and just have jvc unit with my steering wheel controls. went to car audio place and they said $400 bucks to install!!!! :eek:
I have installed heaps of head units before by myself, but not with this cat10 module. Is there a DIY cheaper way to connect steer buttons to head unit with just wiring or do i need to fork out for cat10? Does anyone know if '97 VS is compatible with CAT10??

Grange97

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Grange 215i
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I am now working on the same thing..

The head unit is Clarion DXZ389RUSB and it has the OEM steering wheel controls input jack. Are you sure that the signal that the unit expects over this jack is resistence-based and not digital? I cannot find this info anywhere, I've been looking for days.
If anyone can tell me that this is true, I will be very grateful, thanks.

I have searched and searched for info on this topic too, surely SOMEONE would have realized this is a common problem and posted some info/diagrams/specs....? not even the companies that make the products have info!:realangry